Sinister: story

stefan van der heijden pijlenboog at xxx.com
Mon Mar 13 12:41:35 GMT 2000

I am sitting in the library, going through my e-mails. I am bored. There is
nothing to do. Nothing exciting at least. I am staring at the bearded man
sitting right in front of me. I've come to suspect him to be working on some
kind of thesis. I think he must be a religious person, because when I passed
him a few minutes ago to go to the toilet, I happened to notice the gigantic
Christian cross on his screen. He was trying to cut it down to a certain
size, but for what purpose exactly I don't know, and I didn't dare ask him.
Maybe he was a priest in disguise, or just someone obsessed with crosses.
Maybe his is gonna be the work that's gonna prove once and for all that it
was all a lie, whatever that may be.
Yesterday I went over to my friend Jop's house. First me, him, and his
girlfriend Nancy, whom I have known for six or seven years now, drank coffee
and listened to a Johnny Cash record. Johnny was singing bout rings of fire,
while the three of us enjoyed our sunday's rest.
Then me and Jop went upstairs to record this little song I wrote Saturday
night. Saturday night, let's see....I was lying on my couch, it was about
02:00, very night and very dark. The cat was trying to convince me it really
need to go outside, but because she underwent surgery a few days ago, that
option was totally out of the question, as far as I'm concerned.
Anyway, I had just decided I would not go out for a beer anymore. I  was
gonna stay at home and write a song about Leonardo DiCaprio. Not that I'm
obsessed with Leo, not in the sexual sense at least, I just love the way his
name sounds. Try it for yourself, it's not something to feel bad about: Take
three deep breaths and use your most poetic voice:
L E O N A R D O   DI  C A P R I O. Anyway, twenty minutes later, I had some
sort of a lyric, and I decided it was time to go to bed.
  And there was Jop and me, recording it the day after. I must say it came
out pretty well, me doing both lead and harmony vocals, and Jop playing
guitar and keyboard. It's complete  title is "Drinking Pinacoladas (Leonardo
DiCaprio)", and it's kind of dirty. I want to write more songs about famous
people and the kinky things they do, cause it's so much fun.

Well, I think I have to go now. The use 30-minute shifts here, because
everybody wants to spill their guts out on the internet these days.
Anyway, beardy guy is gone, either to take a piss or praying somewhere
he's gonna be able to finish his piece before the world explodes. I think
I'm gonna go to the University for a coffee. Hey, what can I say: it's
monday, I'm bored. By the way: a very beautiful girl is now standing in
front of beardie's screen. I just hope she doesn't delete his stuff. Bye
people.

Love, Stefan

By the way: my next essay to be posted onto this list, is going to be
entitled "What to do when you live together with someone who is completely
and totally obsessed with Sarah Michelle Gellar, aka Buffy the Vampire
Slayer", but if any of you think I'm getting way out of line here, just let
me know.