Sinister: And, they're off!!

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 14 13:52:39 GMT 2000

and I'm not talking about my pants!

Today sees the start of the "best horse racing event in the world"
(copyright Channel 4), the Cheltenham Gold Cup Meeting, here in my home
town.

Looking through the form for suitable sinister/b&s names, it's little thin
on the ground today but there are a few (somewhat tangential) ones:

3.15 "Katarino" (after our friendly merch seller) definately an each-way bet
this one or possibly "Mr Percy" for the gentleman with the tummy banana on
the body parts

3.55 Possibly the best named horse of the day, it's "Niki Dee", which seldom
runs a bad race according to the racing post, but is facing stiff
competition from "Star Traveller" especially with our own dear Starry making
that big trip to Nude York.

4.30 features "Honey Mount" at 10 - 1, say no more

Unfortunately no horses called FELCHYPLOPS or FISHYCLAPS or FUCKYLAP or arms
of sex or cellistwithabigarse, but there you go...

As i will be away from my pooter for the rest of the week, I'm afraid I
won't be able to give you any tips for the next couple of days, but Florida
Pearl would be my each way choice for the big one on thursday.

Anywayhoo, I had a lovely weekend in Glasgow and went to see bands
(something of a rarity for me these days, i've only been to FIVE gigs (not
gigs where 5ive are playing) this year) and drank BOOZE and danced like a
silly person at fury marys.  Much thanks and all round lovleyness, as
always, to Ally and Ailsa, whose mission seems to be to ply me with copious
quantities of alcohol every time i step within the metropolitan area of
Glasgow.

I will now be hibernating until my appearance at Camber Sands, unless i win
the tote placepot tomorrow...

xoxo

CarsmileSteve