Sinister: Riches to the masses

Andrew Tracey andrewt at xxx.com
Tue Mar 14 18:19:25 GMT 2000

Well, well, well. Props to the boy Carsmile for:

a) Remembering my Cheltenham/B+S thing from last year (New people can read
all about it in the archives from the middle of last March)

and

b) Anticipating my laziness in not doing the same thing this year.

And what did Carsmile pick out...

3.15 - Katarino - Finished 7th, but was leading for a while until Istabraq
surged past her.

3.55 - Niki Dee - Didn't finish
         Star Traveller - 3rd

4.30 - Honey Mount - **1st**  Went clear coming up to the last fence then
did a 'stunning leap' (according to the Sporting Life) and romped home. It's
price was 8/1 but those of you clever enough to get on as soon as you read
Steve's post could have got the 10/1.

Assuming a tenner on each horse:

Staked £40
Won    £110
Profit   £70

Spend it wisely children.

Seeing as Carsmile is away for a couple of days, I've had a root through to
find you tomorrow's beer money.

2.00 - Solo Mio - Stuart D wanders off to play with himself.

2.35 - Celibate - So many of you moan about having no boy/girlfriend, you
must be this.

3.15 - Magic Combination - One band, one list, 1200-odd people.

3.55 - Soldat - Has BabyChris been able to say this of his auction stuff
yet?

4.30 - Mister One - Maybe another (less obvious) reference to Honey will
bring us more luck.

5.05 - Upgrade - As indeed Honey had to when we all moved to our new home.

5.40 - Joe Cullen - Not Booze Explosion's old man, surely?

I'll meet you all in your dad's potting shed where we can enjoy our illicit
bounty of absinthe and Jaffa cakes, purchased with our winnings.

Andrew (Sinister bookie - back prices given for a small fee)