Sinister: (b)anality in his second offering...

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Wed Mar 15 21:39:06 GMT 2000

Hello all once more.

This is my second post, and my first proper(?) one following the obligatory
"look and me! I've left the nursery (it makes up for the short-comings of
being poor)" starter post. Apologies for that pun by the way, I'm afraid I'm
just in that kind of mood this evening.

I'm writing for a couple of reasons, most of them B&S related. Did anyone
see the NME this week (with the 'leglaise pot front cover')? Well, it had in
it a rather splendid letter taking down Sarah Dempster, the journalist who
rubbished the EPs when they were released a couple of weeks ago. The letter
basically said that people don't just like B&S cos they're kinda enigmatic
and avoid publicity, but because the music makes them happy. This is totally
true. I bought the EPs the other day, and songs like SBJ, DOW and LPDLB may
not have the most uplifting lyrical content, but the song as a whole still
make me grin like an idiot in public, and subsequently get dodgy looks all
round. Which is great (spelt correctly).

I notice there is another Sam on list, and before congratulating him/her for
his/her wonderful name (blahblahblah), I'd just like to say that I'll be
SamW from now on just to identify myself. Not that anyone really needs me to
identify myself, I'm just slightly anal like that.

So I think that's about it for now. I'd love to say something really thought
provoking, but I'm never terribly inspired, at the best of times....

Love and tracker bars,

SamW.x

P.S. Jason Luther was asking about people's virginity. I will happily admit
here and now, that I am seventeen and still a v. I'm afraid I have Dawson
Leary-style hang ups about being in love before hand, which is rather
obsessive etc and not terribly macho, but there you go. But as for music, I
know it's a cliche, but Marvin Gaye I always thought would be rather nice.