Sinister: I am tired, I am weary

Mr Smiley smiley at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 16 22:32:59 GMT 2000

Hullo chickens,

    My mummy bought a great (dare I say grate?) big Humpty Dumpty birthday
cake. Not because it's anyone's birthday, or because she's twee or anything,
but because it was cheap. A big cheapo Humpty Dumpty cake. I've got two days
to eat it. It is, for the record, very very big.

  I have fallen in love with the girl from Lazy Line Painter Jane. I am
disturbed. I'm also disturbed that I may well be in another country when
Fold Your Hands... is released. Oh well. I'm not so desperate for new
material, since until last week I hadn't heard any of the EPs, and now I've
heard all the ones in the LLPJ box and TIJAMRS is in the post. So my
insatiable cravings are quenched. Well, my B&S ones anyway.

  In keeping with my warped sense of fashion, I've ordered Nalda Said
several weeks after every other devoted fan has. I had to spell it out to
the guy in the bookshop. I don't know why, I mean who the f*** would call a
book Nalda Zed?

  Has anyone else ever burst into tears for no reason whilst listening to
the spoken bit at the end of I Could Be Dreaming? Or am I having a
breakdown?

    This is probably just an ignorance of netiquette (dread net geek word),
but how does one know when to stop sending people e-mails? I mean when
someone writes to me, it's only polite to write back. Then they get the
reply and it's only polite to reply to the reply, and so on. I suppose if
someone gets tired of hearing from me they could always tell me to f*** off.
But that wouldn't be very twee now would it? Incidentally, I think I read in
Select the best definition of twee ever, I go and find it...

    Oh bollocks I can't find it. Something to do with a world inhabited, not
by women and men, but by girls and boys.

    My brain really hurts when people abbreviate song titles (erm, like I
have above. God I'm such a hypocrite, but I'm writing this post over the
course of, like, a week. Which is why it's fragmented and inconsistent). I
end up sitting there (or even here) squinting at the screen going "HFEJFJ?,
KGDBLBF?" and it takes me half an hour to read. Not grumbling or anything.
Just observing.

    Oh, and I've decided to drop my Mr Smiley pseudonym for my posts on
sinister. This is because I remember a message I got from someone calling
themselves 'assassin' ages ago complaining that he'd been receiving my
sinister posts. So I wrote him a reply with the heading "Dear Mr Assassin"
to take the piss out of his assumed name. So I'd better get rid of mine.
Unless I can think of a better one. Which I can't.

God be with you,
Mike
smiley at rebelmonkey.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.rebelmonkey.freeserve.co.uk

PS Go to my site it is grate and also great, so it can be loved by twee kids
and lovers of spelling alike. And James I will put your stuff on when I can
be arsed.