Sinister: lpooer is a bit freaky

GardeningAtNight at xxx.com GardeningAtNight at xxx.com
Fri Mar 17 12:40:24 GMT 2000

I am unbelievably tired right now and probably still have bits of confetti in
my hair even though I've showered, but it is all very well worth it because
it was in the name of Looper.  That is, I saw them last night.  W!O!W!

I was surprised at how many fans turned up, but most were from out of town it
seemed.  See, I'm young yet, so it was lovely to interact with people who
don't look at me much like a deer in headlights when I mention B&S.  The
place they played was an old firehouse, it was rather nice.  I'm embarassed
to say that I think I'm going the way of every 15 year old I know, because I
think I referred to StuD as "man meat" at one point.  But even if he weren't,
it still would've been gr(e/a)t(e).  Whoever said that wee Karn isn't very
wee was right, but if she isn't wee she certainly is twee, dancing about in
the middle of the stage and tossing paper airplanes the wrong way round and
standing in the gong-holder thing.  I got an autograph from Evil Bob the bus
driver who played sax on Columbo's Car and sold merchandise.  He was very
surprised but I told him he'd have to get used to it now that he's famous.

I was disappointed that the Flaming Lips played only one song that I even
knew.  I only have one album, but still.. wah.  And what's this gong fetish?
My head was pounding, but they were good anyway.

I suppose that's the only thing of any interest I have to say, so I'll end
now although it's never stopped me before.  Back to my mundane existance,
daydreaming in school about the new Select that isn't here yet and writing
happy birthday greetings to musicians on every bathroom mirror with lipstick.

Samantha