Sinister: the neighbors have been drinking, and they're raising quite a stink

christa NOGOODNIK at xxx.net
Fri Mar 17 20:23:36 GMT 2000

i was in the grocery store yesterday, feeling up my vine-ripened tomatoes,
when i heard familiar sounds coming from the store speakers.  i stood there
for a while trying to figure out what i was hearing when it finally came to
me... it was a muzac version of Nick Drake's "Northern Sky".   i was
stunned.  it's so hard to recognize these songs when you here them...
recreated... in such a way.  anyway, it made me happy.  does anyone else
think going to the grocery is the most sensual experience?  the sights,
sounds, smells... i *love* it.  i think i'll go back today just for kicks.

i can't stop listening to the new Lambchop CD.  its dead sexy.  that and the
new yo la tengo... and allan clapp.  all of this music made for naughtiness!
its a good thing i'm a naughty girl.

TO ALL THE SINISTER LADIES:  i highly recommend any book to you by Francesca
Lia Block.  a wonderful lady bought 'Dangerous Angels' for me and i read it
in 2 days.  its so dreamy, girlie, and round.   it totally inspired me, and
i know it'll inspire you too.  i bought two more of her books yesterday,
'Violet & Claire' (which i finished today and is amazing) and 'The Hanging
Man'.  do your feminine selves a favor and check out some of her stuff,
you'll really dig it.

i have nothing B&S- related to tell you all, but since i post once every 3
months, i figure you all can suck it up.
its cold today and i'm sad.  it was humid and 70 yesterday- what happened?
damn!! this is a lame post.

saving the day before bedtime,
christa