Sinister: i reply to many a whistle

adam apparatus aconover at xxx.net
Fri Mar 17 12:39:42 GMT 2000

On 17 Mar 00, at 15:23, christa muttered into a little tape recorder:

> i was in the grocery store yesterday, feeling up my vine-ripened tomatoes,
> when i heard familiar sounds coming from the store speakers.  i stood there
> for a while trying to figure out what i was hearing when it finally came to
> me... it was a muzac version of Nick Drake's "Northern Sky".   i was
> stunned.  it's so hard to recognize these songs when you here them...
> recreated... in such a way.  anyway, it made me happy.  does anyone else
> think going to the grocery is the most sensual experience?  the sights,
> sounds, smells... i *love* it.  i think i'll go back today just for kicks.

i used to work at a grocery store here on long island... "king
kullen", it was called. nothing puts the "kibosh" on your
appreciation of grocery stores like working at one... oh, it's
horrible. it killed my brain. i occupied myself by thinking of ways
to get past their stealing-prevention plans (absurdly easy), and
eventually learned how to charge nasty customers extra and give the
nice ones a free can of soup or something. some parts of it were
nice, but mostly it was just bad. but hey, at least it gives me a
reason to go to college...

oh, yes, stev-o kad-o, i'm from the north americas too, and we have
tons of boys in too-small t-shirts with school names on them, yes we
do. in fact, they all look just like you say. except me, i'm too
pudgy for the t-shirts. anyone else have suggestions for Indie-Pop
Conventions? i have one more: the use of "boy" and "girl" exclusively
as pronouns. brought about cheifly by b+s, of course.. but, of
course, they are the uber-POP, so...

over and under...

- adam

aconover at optonline.net