Sinister: i don't get along with scary movies

kerry zutroy at xxx.org
Sat Mar 18 00:20:08 GMT 2000

hello sinisterines.
i can't hold back anymore, i just have to ask who gave me a list
crush vote. please tell me, it's ripping me up inside wondering who
the secret admirer is.
but, since i know how sick you people get of hearing about list crush
votes, i'll stop talking about it now.
onto bigger and better things. have any of you seen the short films
by/about tenacious D, "the greatest band on earth"? they showed them
on Mr. Show (on HBO here in the US) a few years back, and i think
they may have shown them on saturday night live, too. but since i
don't watch either of those shows i have no idea how recently the
short films have been shown. now, you may be asking yourself, "how
would she know about these films if she doesn't watch the television
programs they were aired on?" well, kids, the answer to that is quite
simple: my friend's older sister taped them and i watched them at her
house a couple years back. so there. :P
anyway, the point of all this is that i'm becoming more willing to
get past my dislike of john cusack to see high fidelity simply
because one of the guys from tenacious d is in it. i'm not sure if
it's a big part or not, but he's so funny i think i may go see the
movie when it comes to town.
and about the subject line: i've started renting movies now that i
can watch them on my computer and i need something to do when i don't
feel like working. last night i rented scream 2 because i was curious
and i really like the first one. anyway, that was a mistake. my house
of 7 people is empty because it's spring break, i live on the 3rd
floor, and it was raining last night. i spent some portions of the
movie lying on my bed with my pillow over my head. but, luckily, i
rented dark city, as well, so that when i finally did go to bed i had
pleasant images in my head instead of blood and gore. and knives.
one of my favorite things about movies like scream is spending the
bulk of the movie trying to figure out who's going to die, and who
the killer is. i was so disappointed at the end when i discovered
that i'd identified one of the killers in the first 20 minutes of the
movie. bastards. they made it too easy this time. oh well. and
figuring who would die wasn't so hard, all i had to do was see who
the cast of scream 3 was and then figure that anybody who wasn't in
that was as good as dead. ahh, but i'll stop all this talk of scary
movies now. it's not very twee, is it?
i'm actually just killing time until friends comes on. yes, i admit
it, i like that horrible show. i think it's hilarious. i'm not sure
why, but i can easily say that even if you hate most of the people in
it (as i do), lisa kudrow makes it all worthwhile. i mean, have you
people seen clockwatchers? or romy and michelle's high school
reunion? fucking GRATE movies.
i didn't think i'd like romy and michelle's . . . at first. but then
a friend of mine sat me and some other kids down and forced us to
watch it. after that, every time i went out to rent a video with a
different friend, we inevitably migrated over to where romy and
michelle's was, and now i own it. ;)

alas, i've got nothing left to say, so i'll leave you be.

-kerry

"if you don't ask me out to dinner i don't eat."
	                         -stanley donwood