Sinister: b&s (fwd)

Denise Power dee at xxx.ie
Sat Mar 18 13:19:41 GMT 2000

full track listing below :

I think the title sounds a bit silly at first and you say thats daft and
then you get the scolding nuances and then you appreciate the subtle
pseudo-ironic tendencies in which by promoting such a stance , they are
taking it
down a peg but I still think a nice short title like "jumpers" would have
been so much better. That person who said that reading things like
DKJDFGKHFDGKHJDF gives you a headache is right. And when you already have
a headache, having another one is the last thing you want.
this time next week I'll be in edinburgh again. Yipee. My taxi driver this
morning used to live in Edinburgh. We discussed various locations. He
lived near Leith, thats where a boy my friend knows is from. I resisted
the
urge to ask the taxi man did he know that boy, knowing in advance he
wouldn't and being sick of taxi drivers thinking I am strange. Because I'm
not.

Question : for comedy's sake would you ring up a boy who you used to i
suppose be sort of seeing on a casual basis 8 months after you ever saw
each other pretending that nothing had happened and that 8 months is not
according to you too long to pick up the phone and say, "hey, wanna meet
up tonight" You would, wouldn't you ! Oh come on, I think it would be
hilarious and healing. What a combination to force you to do it. Well
would you do it if you knew that your friends were very evilly going to
stage a horrific surprise party for you on your return with people whose
presence you hate and know from past experience RUIN parties, would you do
it if that party could be guaranteed to happen if you didn't do it.
I know this brings into play ethics and comedy which let me tell you can
be a very lively discussion given the right circumstances but enough
torture for those of you unable to scroll or skim read. Le track list,
list.
Denise Power.

full tracklisting for 'fold your hands child, you walk like a peasant',
released on june 5th through jeepster.

'i fought a war'
'the model'
'beyond the sunrise'
'waiting for the moon to rise'
'don't leave the light on baby'
'(fold your hands child, you walk like a peasant)'
'the wrong girl'
'nice day for a sulk'
'the chalet lines'
'women's realm'