Sinister: the hours turn into days

Glamtart at xxx.com Glamtart at xxx.com
Sat Mar 18 17:18:03 GMT 2000

Hello Sins,
It's your once in a blue moon post from the crazy girl in Arkansas.  It's
Saturday and I'm a little hungover from last night's St Patty's festivities,
even if I did get to bed at 10:30.  Ah, the sad life of a working girl.  It's
my second (or is it third?) week in my new flat... which my flatmate Diana
and I have decorated in a very fabulous manner.  Lots of heinous turquoise
and/or yellow 50s kitchen items and porcelain tiger planters... anyway, in
that short period of time I have completely won her over to the wonders of
Belle and Sebastian... I guess it's returning the favour she did for me years
ago by introducing me to the Smiths.  She in turn is spreading the news
around to all of her friends... I was afraid that they may be too Punk Rock
to like B&S but apparently not!  Anyway it's been an altogether interesting
week, from watching Fellini's "Roma" (a "visual fiasco" as one put it) with
the boy I can't help lusting after even though he's a) a complete arsehole
and b) only flirts with me when he feels like it... to becoming so hopelessly
overwhelmed at work on St Pat's Day that I had to ring my friend Andrew's
mobile in Ireland... on my parents' phone card.   Pity is that he didn't even
answer!  Story of my life it seems.  I'm really missing Dublin these days and
wish I still lived there.  That time will come again I know... Ah but I'm not
depressed, it's March and that means Spring is coming!  Springtime is the
best time of the year... everyone is frisky and suddenly new boys pop up in
the most unexpected places...  it's the best season overall.  Hmmm... can't
think of a clever ending for this utterly pointless email - I suppose I
should go shower so I can begin the massive task of tidying up the kitchen...
one week's worth of filth is enough to make anyone's head turn!
Love from
    Mandy