Sinister: what a state we could get in...

David dbgeraghty at xxx.com
Sun Mar 19 00:15:21 GMT 2000

ok. maybe this is just too stupid an idea. maybe I spend too much time in
#sinister talking complete crap. ok, I do...but finally, perhaps, out of all
the crap springs...

A GOOD (for which read at 1 in the morning it seemed quite funny) IDEA

right, how about....a list band. oh yes. but not just any band..

ok, this is how I see it. it might not work. heck, I'm darned sure it won't,
but it could be a lot of fun to see the results....

anyone can join this band. the reason being is that we all record our part
(of the pre-decided song, more of which later.....) and it is all tied
together with a big piece of string at the end...anyone is welcome, as are
any instruments. all that needs to be observed is the basic tune and tempo
of the song. so, 10 parts or 1010, it doesn't (in theory) matter. it will
all, somehow, be lashed together to make a big musical pie. which we will
then EAT. or perhaps just listen to and LAUGH at the foolishness of it all.

as far as the song goes, we thought (we being whichever characters were
loitering around #sinister at the time) maybe...*shhhhh!* a belle and
sebastian song......

I mean, what better way of showing our love of them than systematically
destroying one of their songs....? but all ideas will be regarded by the
panel (ummm, I'll make one up perhaps....)

right...well, thats it so far. if you think it is just the biggest pile of
POO you have ever read, delete, and feel free to kick me next time you meet
me. if however, it is making you all EXCITED and you think it is one of the
top 100 ideas you have heard all day, then mail me with both your song
suggestions, and what you want to do in this 'band'. as I have said,
anything is welcome, of any talent, and the weirder the instrumentation, the
better!somehow 100 bass guitars all playing the state I am in is not *that*
appealing! but, if it is what we get, we'll run with it!

OK, well, over to you...

and mail ME not the LIST. I will be doing a website or something if needs
must...

ok, well, to work then!

david

P.S if i have really come up with the daftest idea ever. sorry. :-(