Sinister: You don't have to be cool to rule my world

Katy MBP99KLC at xxx.uk
Sun Mar 19 15:20:09 GMT 2000

Sorry, I know I've just posted, but I have to reply to this.

Qiyamat Boy said:

>I read here earlier someone said "I bet most of the people here haven't even
>heard"...I think it was a Dylan song or something. I see that a lot.
>Musical elitism...How you can assume that other people aren't as well versed as
>you, based merely on your own high self-esteem.

It was me, but that wasn't what I meant at all! Please believe me, cos I
hate musical show-offs too and I'm the last person who would be in a
position to show off - I was still listening to Take That when I was about
fifteen and most of the music I like now I was lucky enough to be played by
my ex-boyfriend or my friends so I certainly can't be superior in any way.

When I said that, I was asking about the tape tree, and the point I was
making was that there's some great music that I might have heard that most
of you haven't (like a Dylan bootleg my dad played me), and probably 1200
great songs that various other Sinisterines love that I've never heard, and
that it would be great if there was a way of hearing each other's favourite
songs, not so I can show off but because, as you say, "music is music. It's
nice, it's for the ears".

Actually, now that I'm on the subject, would anyone be interested in
joining a tape tree? The current one is already running. It's just where
everybody makes a mix tape and sends it to the person below them on a list,
and then every few weeks everyone sends that tape on, and so on. If
anyone's interested please email me. And you certainly don't have to be
cool or anything!

katy

"Oh lord,
Please don't let me be misunderstood"
  - someone, I'm not cool enough to know who