Sinister: in my supermarket clothes

alix campbell lixibell at xxx.com
Sun Mar 19 19:39:42 GMT 2000

Hello. I’ve been to work again and this time I got to work with the fish. I
had to wear big white wellies and a stripy apron and shut down the counter,
which simply involved throwing water over everything and then sweeping the
ice and water into the drain. Fun!

Piss Chris said:
please, people learn to spell. GRATE means a metal
thingie with slits for drainage, ect. it doesn't mean
"really, really good.". get back to school, the lotta
ya.

‘GRATE’ as a word denoting really good things, comes from the phrase ‘cheese
grater’. Cheese is grated and eaten, and enjoyed a great (sic) deal. It has
become popular among cheese afficionados (cf. Sarah Clarke, Tim Hopkins) to
refer to a cheese session as ‘a spin with the grater’ and like the word
‘groovy’ which originally was used to describe a piece of particularly
enjoyable piece of music (Shania Twain for example is not groovy, whilst
Sarah Cracknell *is* groovy), has become a term that is used more often
nowadays to describe a mental state of enjoying an action, rather than the
mere physical action. So, although cheese is grated, and this action is
known as ‘a grate’, the word ‘grate’ has come, not just to show the action
of grating, but also the result of the grating which is good, or grate.
Lately, the usage ‘grate’ has expanded, and is used to refer to anything
that is really good.

Jason Andreas fish bar:
I'll give you a hearty handshake and a Radiohead
bootleg <grin>

Where I come from, ‘radiohead bootleg’ is a euphemism for frottage which
specifically involves clingfilm and hiccups.

I’m incredible excited about Clockwork Orange. I love Malcolm Macdowell, but
only when he has no stupid beard like he had in Caligula. I can even
understand Nadsat.

I need massaging. I ache.

Stuart Murdoch shopping. Aww. People look at me weird in shops, but it’s
usually warranted. Like when it’s 3am and I’m in my pyjamas, or in summer
when I’m barefoot in town.  Or that time I pretended to be a goth.

Accidentally got Bacardi Breezer cravings the other night so went to Dostlar
Supermarket and got some. On a week night too.

If anyone wants to come and watch the sunset on Primrose Hill on Tuesday
night, do come along, I’m going, cos I’ve not been in ages and it’s lovely
pretty.

Lixi.xx

"Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's an 8 inch anal probe, silly" ~
DNaMagazine