Sinister: There are some days that catch the light...

Mike smiley at xxx.uk
Mon Mar 20 16:03:09 GMT 2000

Hello,

    I have had a lovely day. In the morning I had what you could call (if
you were little Jen) a grate adventure. It started when I got to school and
went for the bus (my sixth form is spread out between three schools and we
have to travel around town in buses. Which is nice). There were lots of
policemen walking around inspecting our buses, each one had vehicle
inspectorate written on his back. We watched these policemen with interest
for a while. Eventually (and with us already ten minutes late for our first
lessons) they let us go, despite the fact that the engine had a bit of
trouble starting and the emergency doors wouldn't open.
    When we got to school the rest of my English class was just standing
around. Apparently our class had been cancelled for today. I couldn't be
bothered to go home, so I had two hours to kill. Me and a girl from my
English class went into town. First we went to Woolworth's and played with
the toys. We kept playing with the ones that make funny noises and nearly
got thrown out. Then we went to a bookstore where I got the copy of Nalda
Said I'd ordered. Then we went to a pet shop and looked at the rabbits and
the gerbils for a while, and then we went back to school for our school
photo.
    This was all lovely. Although Computing in the afternoon was pants.
    And tomorrow will be grate as well, because I only have two lessons and
one of them is General Studies, so I won't go. (For those not in the know,
General Studies is a non-subject. They might as well teach you to serve
fries for all the good it will do you. I can't even tell you what it's
about, because we don't get taught anything).
    And yesterday we went for a picnic and watched the sky cloud over during
the course of two hours. It is the first time in living memory I have driven
anywhere and not narrowly avoided a fatal accident.
    And I'd just like to say to anyone who has been known to write e-mails
to me that when I said:

>This is probably just an ignorance of netiquette (dread net geek word),
>but how does one know when to stop sending people e-mails? I mean when
>someone writes to me, it's only polite to write back. Then they get the
>reply and it's only polite to reply to the reply, and so on. I suppose if
>someone gets tired of hearing from me they could always tell me to f***
off.
>But that wouldn't be very twee now would it?

I didn't actually want you to stop writing to me. My daily download is the
highlight of my day (how sad). I just worry that I myself might annoy people
sometimes with my long boring and bery frequent messages. Like this one, in
fact.

God be with you,
Mike
smiley at rebelmonkey.freeserve.co.uk