Sinister: I may not always love you, but long as there are stars above you...

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Tue Mar 21 03:58:43 GMT 2000

Ahhh...Spring Break...the Nectar of the Gods(tm).  One entire week given to
college students to get piss drunk and sleep til late afternoon.  Being odd,
I spent the first day of my reprieve at the Antietam battlefield, which is
the site of the bloodiest single day in American History.  It wasn't very
heart-pumping or anything, but it was pretty revelatory and I guess thats on
the plus side.  To try and picture these assaults actually happening, given
that you know how they turned out, is pretty stomach turning.  I had an
ancestor who fought there although I can't "feel" his presence or anything
like alot of people say they do when visiting the site of their ancestor's
struggles.  I just felt cold and upset over having to pay $9 for a turkey
club sandwich.
I found out that Brian Wilson is doing an "Orchestral Tour"(tm) this summer,
where he'll perform Pet Sounds in its entirety backed by a 24-peice
orchestra.  I can't even imagine how amazing that is going to be.  I wish he,
Al Jardine, Mike Love and Bruce Johnston would make up just for this summer
so the shows can really be true to the album.  Then they can resume hating
each other, but only after I've heard Mike and Brian trade lead vocals on
"Sloop John B" and ""That's Not Me."  That is all I ask.  As Sally Brown said
"I'm not being selfish; all I want is what I have coming to me."
What does everyone think is going to be the best song on FYHCYWLAP, based on
the title alone?  I'm going with "I Fought In A War," just because Struan
writing about war seems pretty interesting.  I mean, I'm sure its not about
war itself or anything, but it still seems pretty snazzy.  "The Model" is
right up there too.
Some psycho has taken three hostages and holed himself up right down the
street my town.  He's in a townhouse community, so about 300 people can't go
back to their houses and they all must live in the gym of a local elementary
school until all is over with.  I'm not sure what the deal is with their
pets...I saw alot of old people crying on the news because they can't get
into their community to feed their cats.  The standoff has been going on for
about 75 hours now and I'm guessing it shan't last much longer.  The nutjob
has already killed 4 people in the past two weeks and my bet is that before
he surrenders, he'll be the fifth.
A round of applause for Katy for saying she played Nirvana on the jukebox.  I
think alot of my generation, now that we've all grown up and moved onto other
musical frontiers, is trying to downplay how much Nirvana changed our lives.
Sure, I don't listen to Nevermind all that much anymore but I can guarantee
that were it not for Kurt Cobain most of us would probably be complete
toolboxes, myself included.  If you didn't like Nirvana in '92, then you
weren't really there.
Will the long-awaited Sinisiter US Directory(tm) be finished before B&S begin
their tour?  It would really come in handy to know who lives in what city for
those folks who plan to go to several shows and want to meet other
Sinister-ites in foreign cities.  If anyone else is going to the Flaming
Lips/Looper show in Baltimore on April 14th, I'll be there.
Cheers and wrecked NCAA brackets (I picked 6 of the Sweet 16 after winning 29
of the first 32 games)...

Steve C.