Sinister: belle letters

Carrick Blair carrick44 at xxx.com
Wed Mar 22 07:02:16 GMT 2000

Dear all,

Its much to late to be doing this. Late for me at
least. I haven't done so in so long, I forgotten all
that I want to share with you. Things are slowly
coming back now. Lurking is very, very bad. Don't try
it kids. You start to feel guilty and well whatever,
it's all good, right?

So last time i wrote a 'real' message to this here
list, was over a year ago. It happened to be about a
16 year old girl. I'm frightened because someone
mentioned that to me just a few weeks ago. I'd hate to
leave all of you who remember back that far that I'm
some sort of jailbait stalker. I'm not, I'm serious.
I've moved on...to a 17 year old girl. No, just
kidding.

I went to England, you know. Last March. Scotland as
well. (btw I wrote the band about taking me out to
breakfast, like Stuart promised he would when they
cancelled the Philly and Toronto shows. They didn't
get back to me till after I already left, so I missed
out. But they did get back to me, phone numbers and
everything. Nice people, huh?)

Highlights include...
I can't rember any right now. There was the evening
spent having drinks at the Voodoo Lounge with four
London business women. I showed off my recently
purchased Strawberry Switchblade 12"s and they were
all very much impressed. One even claimed that she
used to dress like a Strawberry Switchblade. She also
said she had just gone to see Mogwai. I smiled, I
didn't have the heart to tell her that Mogwai are
evil.

Belle And Sebastian weddings.
If any of you lot ever get married, and I think some
of you our engaged and such. You must realise that
Belle and Sebastian make the reception that much more
enjoyable. Especially if your outside dancing in a
field under a full moon with all your favorite people,
drinking whiskey out of tea cups. "Get me away from
here, I'm dying" --- I could have died that night. And
have done so supremely happy. Well almost. Every
Saturday night should be like that. Falling asleep in
gardens, waking up to birds singing and views of red
moons and pretty girls sleeping around bonfires "To
come home each night smelling of bonfires..."

Sorry to go on and on about a wedding that happened
last September, and most of you didn't go to. There
were at least 5 or 6 listees or former listees in
attendance, so I guess it could be considered a
'meet-up". The last message I sent, I think I
mentioned that this couple had gotten engaged, so I
think I'm obligated to tell you about the wedding. And
if I remember there was an actual 'Sinister' wedding
that same weekend. It was a 'lovely day for love'.

That's all I wanted to say.
Flying to London tomorrow. Will be at the Papercuts
show. I mean the Trembling Blue Stars/Fosca/Clientele
show. I think I'll have a Stars badge on upside down
so if you want to say hi, go ahead, I'll be all by
myself and want to go dancing at some point this
weekend.

so how old is this Erica?
(kidding again)

love
Carrick

ps I hope Honey had a good time in New York, or is
having a good time. Sorry I missed him, or missing
him.
When do you get back to London? Oh and Honey, thanks
for posting that link to the site with all those
questions about the Bible and Christianity a while
back. After a couple of hours of intensive study I
found my faith strengthened ten fold.