Sinister: I'm afraid of the dark without you close to me

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Thu Mar 23 09:27:52 GMT 2000

Lucy wrote "you got a big, long one out of me yesterday".

Advances in surgery these days, eh? No longer do you have to live in pain
after those embarrassing, ahem, accidents.

Michele - Ben Dover was interviewed about 7 years ago on Eurotrash (I
think), and he has quite an amazing job. He's a 40-something cockney wide
boy who doesn't take himself too seriously, and he seems to spend all his
time going "ooh, gawd, I've never felt anything so wet!". I believe (though
obviously I wouldn't know) he still does a show on one of Britain's premier
filth channels, even though they don't have anything explicit on them (good
old British reserve).

I just wrote something bitchy about a list member, AND MY COMPUTER CENSORED
IT OUT. Woo. There is supposed to be a ghost in this office, but it doesn't
usually manifest itself at five past nine in the morning. Still, it has
touched the company secretary (missus) and has great fun with the lights.
Hmm, I'm alone up here. Erm, just going for some fresh air...

God I hope Judy...doesn't fail to deliver. It'll have to be pretty special
to get away with such a TERRIBLE name. And I think Winter Whoopie Cushion is
a poor song. And it's a bit evil of Cheapster to get us to shell out for two
versions of the same song - d'you think one will have naughty words in it so
they had to release the edit to get on Heart FM? Looking forward to the
Armand Van Helden remixes of "Boy done wrong again" on the next single...

I shall practise my dick slapping in preparation for the next sinister
picnic. Anyone fancy a sword fight?

Oh yes - in the off chance I haven't thanked Steady Mike profusely enough
for the absolutely superb-welded-to-my-car-stereo Magnetic Fields tape he
made me, thank you thank you thank you, especially for 100,000 Fireflies
which is my favourite song of the century so far. Ta!

Even when I was 17, Melody Maker was far more interesting and experimental
than the NME, which lapped up Britpop until it drowned in Richard Fucking
Ashcroft's sputum (and anyone who tells you Verve="soul" are talking out of
their rectum) (and don't get me started on fucking Embrace). The Neil
Kulkarni and Everett True years were MM its peak, even though every single
article he ever wrote dissed Warwick University, the bastard. MM used to
make efforts to review bands who didn't fit in with the scene, who couldn't
pull crowds in double figures at the Camden Falcon, who didn't need to be
fashionable. I don't know who first spotted B&S among the inkies - I don't
suppose it really matters, because they'd both pretty much lost it by then -
but I'm definitely throwing my hat on the Maker's side of the fence (?).

Lucy asked me to drown the list with smut, but it seems the only smut is at
her expense. That'll learn her...

Mark xxx

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com