Sinister: She *did* do it with a boy when she was young, after all

Reid Dossinger rdossinger at xxx.net
Thu Mar 23 14:17:10 GMT 2000

Oh, joy!  We're back to talking about B&S all the time.  Personally, I
think this whole dick slap thing was some sort of calculated move to get
us to all start talking tunes again.  Nothing like a bit of smut to perk
up people's ears.

So I have a confession.  With each and every B&S news bulletin issued by
Jeepster about the forthcoming releases, I am more and more sure that
May and June will see the end of my B&S fandom.  I'm sure (I *know*)
that I'm in the extreme minority here.  It's just that I was already a
little wary about the new album after hearing that Stuart M. would be
writing less of the songs, but...a Stevie-led "Northern Soul rave-up"?
"Nice Day For A Sulk"?  The album title, the song titles, the song
descriptions, etc.  Now, I'm not saying that the band shouldn't change.
Change is good.  But *good* change is good, and I just keep getting the
feeling that this album is going to be mediocre, over-done and
overly-retro.

But then, I'm an idiot for saying all of this without hearing any of the
songs first.  I don't know...I just had to get it off my chest.  It's a
little sad.  I really hope that I like the new stuff.  Really and truly
I do!  I guess it's a real 'wait and see' moment, whatever the fuck
that's supposed to mean.

And what little jewel did I find in that last digest?

> (Carolina's in the Sweet Sixteen... REPRESENTIN!!)

Ah, it's good to see March Madness extending to the list, however small
it may be.  And Rob's rooting for the proper team, too.  If (don't want
to jinx 'em) the Heels make it to the Final Four, I'll be driving down
to Chapel Hill for the games, and maybe we c0uld plan some sort of
sports-related Sinister meet-up.  How un-twee would *that* be?  There is
no B&S in me when I yell Ka-BOOM at Brendan The Boy From the 'boro
dunking over some unsuspecting dwarf of a defender.  God, I love March.

Dick-slapped and loving it,
    Reid