Sinister: The writing for pleasure you wouldn't let me read

Mike smiley at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 23 20:25:18 GMT 2000

Hello,

    I finished Nalda Said the other day. And I have to say I loved it. I'm
still
trying to come to terms with the ending, not because it's crap, but because
it's so... well, if you've read it you know what it is but I don't want to
say and spoil things for everyone who hasn't read it yet.
    I remember someone said they got angry with Reynard. I found myself
getting a little frustrated, but I was always more sympathetic than angry. A
lot of the things he does I can actually relate to, so that made it all make
some kind of sense.

"Step change" said,

>Just for the record. Worksop is ace. Worksop always will be ace. And twee,
>full of lovely people, with bunnies on small red tee-shirts.

I wonder if a) you're on drugs or b) I know you?! :)

    The most twee saying I've heard today is 'didily squat', as in 'you know
didily squat', which is much nicer than saying 'you know f*** all'. I'm
pretty certain that isn't how you spell didily though. Thought you might
like to know, for some reason that escapes me right now.

    I have a feeling I'm going to like the new album. just from the song
titles, I know. I'm a bit worried that the manager said it is 'a bit
shinier', because B&S have never struck me as being a shiny band. Leave the
shininess to..erm, you know. Shiny people.
    As for the EP. Well, I'm still waiting for my postie to bring me This Is
Just A Modern rock Song (abbreviations are pants). If I have to order Legal
Man as well I'll be, like, old before it arrives. I bet it's good though, as
it only can be. Hang on, let me just do some complex mental arithmetic.. 1,
2, 3. Three tracks! Sell out. Like dude, they've like totally sold their
souls to the devil man. They've like, caved in to pressure from the system,
dude. 4 Tracks are nicer. I want my EPs to last twenty minutes, and unless
that dick slap is very extended indeed then I doubt this will be happening.
Whatever happened to boo to the business world?

    Well, I'm going out on Saturday. While to many of you this would be no
big deal (I mean going out in general, rather than what I'm doing) I am in
fact very sad. I'm making the effort, though, 'cos I've heard that's what
you should do when you hit 18. I think I might be getting a bit too old a
bit too fast, cause I can't be bothered to leave the house half the time.
Before I know it I'll be considering buying slippers, and maybe even selling
all my records to buy the entire back catalogue of the Lighthouse Family.
That is when we truly die.

Not really listening to the Lighthouse Family,
Mike
smiley at rebelmonkey.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.rebelmonkey.freeserve.co.uk

PS. Sorry if you like the Lighthouse Family. Somebody has to.