Sinister: The Madness and Melancholy of March

FearofMops at xxx.com FearofMops at xxx.com
Thu Mar 23 22:13:41 GMT 2000

march madness on the list. hmmmm......i must agree w/ Mr. Pelican Rob that
while i tend to ignore sports NCAA B-Ball gets me as hyper as a pre-teen
Ricky Martin fan.
not sure i can explain why.
i seem to be suffering some sort of mid-life crisis, except i'm not middle
aged so i guess mid-life would be inaccurate. anyhoo i seem to lack the
drive/discipline/whatever to do anything. about the only thing that gets me
going right now is music and basketball. this is thoroughly depressing since
i take no active part in either of them. i'm merely a spectator, watching and
listening to other people doing things i want to.  others my age are off
getting degrees and starting careers. i go to work every day at a job that
was supposed to have been merely for the summer, it's now been 3 years. ich.
has anyone experienced anything similar? i just know there's more to life
than buying cd's and filling in brackets.
enough of the depressing stuff. on to the mildly more uplifting stuff.
while i have yet to find another soul in this city who likes B&S, i have
discovered a music store that actually has a decent selection, and in the
very suburb in which i live no less. it turns out that the manager is into
godspeed you black emperor! and such. she told me that those cd's never sell,
but since she likes it, she keeps it in stock. she has restored my faith in
humanity.
there seems to be a minor panic w/ some of the listees regarding the new
album.
no i don't have any words of comfort, but i do want to say that i hope to
hell you're wrong. i hope the album's brilliant and i don't want to think
about it sucking. besides, all we can do is wait.
aahhh....i've rambled on far too long and probably put most of you to sleep
by now, if you've made it this far. actually i'm getting quite
sleepy....still have to return to work. yick.  stay twee, smutty, and
debauched all.

ciao,
dustan