Sinister: after changes upon changes we are more or less the same

The Narrow Wizard ol01 at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 23 22:57:48 GMT 2000

well folks I'm back from Madrid with a lovely suntan
actually that's not true but at least I've now gone white instead of my
usual pale blue colour.

there's lots that I want to reply to but I probably won't remember it all
now.

the weeklies
late eighties belonged to NME cos they at least realised that hip hop
existed and liked public enemy a lot. Early nineties to MM though cos they
actually had people who could write about music rather than just jump on a
bandwagon. these days they are both populist rubbish selling to
oasis/manics/stereophonics fans (oh yeah and those who like the one song
that travis have recorded 20 times with different lyrics) and so the only
opinion I trust for music is the list opinion, it hasn't let me down yet.

the single
I love winter wooskie, northern soul ensemble...hmmm if it's done well
it'll be great, if not it could be a bit ropey, as for the instrumental,
please let it be upbeat with lots of lovely horns and not something slow
like century of elvis without voiceover.

new album
people worried about it being crap....well lets just wait and see, I don't
think the track list is usually considered a guide to how good an album is
(Nasenbluten's tracklist for 100 percent no soul guaranteed being the
obvious exception, how could tracks like cuntface and cocksucker not be
good? and the only tracks without naughty words on a 2 record set were
called kill more people and concrete compresser). And I'm not too worried
that others than stu M are doing more writing cos it's like simon and
garfunkel sang (in their reunion concert in central park in 81, in a verse
added to the boxer) "after changes upon changes we are more or less the
same"

now what else did i want to reply to
bollox I can't remember

one point though
every male who has typed the name of the instrumental track on the new
single to the list owes the bodyparts page a photo, as does all those who
said things about damage to certain muscles (girls as well that one).

was reading saturdays guardian suplement today (missed it when I was in
Madrid) and it had extracts of sylvia plath's journal in it. Very good
which is a problem cos it'll cost 30 pounds when it's released on april
3rd, why can't I like cheap books, catherine cookson can be found in
charity shops throughout the land but not anything good.

right that's enough crap from me for now
love as always
    owen

With that the narrow wizard waggled his bushy eyebrows and disappeared in
a flash of blue flame leaving behind only a faint smell of cinnamon