Sinister: Stuff..

Martin Graham martyg10 at xxx.com
Sat Mar 25 00:12:27 GMT 2000

I was thinking these thoughts recently and realised that the sinister List
was the place to air them and get feedback from LikeMindedSouls.

I've been suffering from extreme coincidence syndrome lately. Things keep
going my way and positive experiences seem to be queueing up to force
themselves upon me.

This is a good thing, but it kinda fills me with dread, like maybe I'm about
to die or something. This started me thinking about Heaven and the afterlife
and stuff. So I tried to picture heaven, and all I could see were the people
I love who have gone before.

My aunt Margaret, who died of leukemia 2 years ago. An amazing woman, a
beacon of sensitivity and intellect. My uncle Tommy and my auntie Pat, good,
solid people struck down before their time. My little cousin Ally, who died
aged 17 way back in '91. I can still see his smirk and hear his voice. My
Grandpa John. He sang 'Ragtime Cowboy Joe' at family parties. My Granny
Nessie, daft as brush but great with it. My Granny May and Grandpa Wullie,
smiling at the chaos their grandchildren brought to their home. My aunt
Rosemary, taken by cancer before she turned 30 back in 1984.

I see all these people waiting for me, and they are smiling and happy. They
wait for me and they want to talk to me, to tell me how the rest of their
lives have unfolded and to fill in the gaps of stuff I don't know. I don't
see this as any kind of paradise or utopia, merely the natural conclusion of
existence, to be as one with those who brought me into the world.