Sinister: lets do it like they do on the discovery channel

The Narrow Wizard ol01 at xxx.uk
Sat Mar 25 14:32:33 GMT 2000

hi folks
it's me and the parrot here, we decided to post up a poem sooner rather
than later as the parrot wants to keep moving, young Rupert keeps trying
to get in touch with him for some money.

in between looking for poems we decided to go shopping and I listened to
the fonda 500 album in Virgin. I thought it sounded great and the parrot
who was on my shoulder said he liked what he could hear seeping out of the
headphones, so there you have it two list people recomemding the album in
one post, I just wish that the bank would sort out my overdraft so that I
can buy a copy.

Anyway onto the poem
it's Rudyard Kipling, one of the "Just So Verses", and was brought to mind
by a particularly annoying girl who came round to see me when she was
drunk the other night, she kept asking lots of really annoying questions.

I keep six honest serving-men
  (They taught me all I knew)
Their names are What and Why and When
  And How and Where and Who.
I send them over land and sea,
  I send them east and west;
But after they have worked for me,
  I give them all a rest.

I let them rest from nine till five,
  For I am busy then,
As well as breakfast, lunch, and tea,
  For they are hungry men.
But different folk have different views.
  I know a person small-
She keeps ten million serving-men,
  Who get no rest at all!

She sends 'em abroad on her own affairs,
  From the second she opens her eyes-
One million Hows, two million Wheres,
  And seven million Whys!

Mmmm I liked that, hope you did too, perhaps I should send a copy to the
girl who brought it to mind, then again maybe not, she might think it's
sweet of me to send her poetry.
Well the poetry parrot says that he's sick of this bloody Scotish weather
and so he wants to go somewhere a little warmer. He's of to Greece to see
the muse of poetry herself Kaliope, it's warm there, hard for little
Rupert to get in touch with him, and if he's really lucky he may be able
to persuade Kalls to share some of her own poetry with us.

well it's goodbye from me and SKWARRK from him.
love and ham sandwiches
    owen and the poetry parrot

With that the narrow wizard waggled his bushy eyebrows and disappeared in
a flash of blue flame leaving behind only a faint smell of cinnamon