Sinister: SPINISTERINES

Velocity Girl & Lleweth thespinisterines at xxx.com
Sat Mar 25 19:26:49 GMT 2000

After a long day at work, Laura Llew and Velocity Farewell are having a nice
cup of strawberry tea while lounging on the patio of their house which is
situated next to their art bookstore ...

Velocity: So Laura... I saw this guy yesterday... you know, the one with the
floppy hair and the cords... he looked so nice! eventho' he doesn't look
much like a mod and you know I love mod boys... still, he looked so
cute...there was something about his eyes... I can't really define it...
youthink that we still have a chance to escape our spinisterinity? *velocity
sighs and passes the lemon cookies over to Laura...

Laura: Him??? Oh dearie. Don't you know that he's the boy who is addicted to
the telly? Now, I know what you're going to say - that you saw him
purchasing a canvas and you had hopes that he was artistic. I must warn you
though,all he paints are shirtless portraits of Ben Stein. They practically
cover that entire hovel that he calls an apartment. And I'm not just saying
this because he's blonde and detests the Pixies.

Velocity: What? are you serious Laura? detests the Pixies... mmmm maybe he's
a mod after all... haha...

Laura: A boy who doesn't like The Pixies really isn't a boy at all, Is he?
Of course, those who do like the pixies are a bit 'cocky'. Why once I asked
the village santa Richard Pushong what his favorite pixies' song was. He
said "Mine's Gigantic". *Laura raises an eyebrow and takes a sip of
Strawberry tea*

Vel: No, he didn't!! "mine's gigantic"? I wonder...
*smiles in a devious way raising her left eyebrow*

Laura: Talking about sizes and... you know. I find it disconcerting how B&S
just 'pop up with this Dick Slapping thing. It seems 'hard to believe that
it came from no where and I'm trying to see how I missed the signs.

Vel: "missed the signs"?? I mean, what did you expect? what kind of signs?
Oh Laura... I've just thought of...oh never mind...*Vel starts laughing
hysterically while Laura's trying
to remain serious and continue the conversation*

Laura: I hope it doesn't mean that the band changes.

Vel: I think the band had it with everyone... they just wanted to shock
people... shocking is good... you know how many art movements used it as
their battering ram? really, I can't see anything wrong at it...

Laura: Just now it's only Stuart David who's abandoned ship but with this
change there's no telling who else will be next. Of course, we don't have to
worry about Isobel leaving. Can you
see her getting off that big bum of hers?  Plus, it's obvious to me that
Stuart Murdoch can not be my cabana boy. Things are off between us. No he
will not touch me.....  He will not touch me in the car. He will not hit on
me in the bar. He will not croon in the house and he SO will not go up my
blouse.  He will not kiss me here or there,  he will not slap anything
anywhere!*

Velocity: Hmm... at least Isobel has ambitions... at least she's going for
it... not like us, sitting here, gossiping about everyone and everything,
pretending we're a perverse Dr. Seuss and drinking "strawberry tea"... we're
hopeless... we are... I know we have decided never to marry and remain the
sinister-spinsters forever, but sometimes... it's so hard... I wish I had
someone to tell me "don't leave the light on baby"... But for now, long live
the spinisterines!

+--------+     Brought to you by Spinister Sinister  +---------+
The herbal tea drinking, mad crocheting single girls who spread ramblings,
good will, literary lists, and afghans to the masses.
+-+ "Dubious Duo of Duende Dowagers" "Curious Couple of Cuties"  +-+
+-----+      "Paramount Pair Of Paradisical Paradox"     +-----+
+--+ "Spinisterines are a bit finicky." - Gleek the Space Monkey +--+