Sinister: semantic on my dirty fridge

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Sun Mar 26 16:57:48 BST 2000

Dear all:

On how bizarre but captivating this peasant title is.I wrote with the
magnets on our fridge yesterday : 'Modern Life is Rubbish.Hand the DJ!',
instead of cleaning all the spots and stains up.I was to write 'Burn your
mobile' instead of 'hang the dj' but there were no enough letters
available. Graffitis make good titles, maybe fridge messages too.

A good title to a book,song,album or anything is a merit and artwork even
itself.In Spanish, John Irving's book is called ' Princes of Maine, Kings
of New England', much more poetic than 'The cider house rules'.I truly
enjoyed the book when I was thirteen, so I am not going to see that
film,because they would have managed to slaughter it as 'The End of the
Affair',sure.That is when my 'Great Expectations''obsession arises from.

This FYHYWLAP title is gorgeous, and it sounds like a Welsh
village,sure.Maybe it is a signal from Stu to tell fellow Torontonians
where they should set up their commune in case they finally organise one
and become all hippie.

But it is too long for my decreasing magnetic alphabet.

As result of my disordered checking and reading last few days, I really
have lost the plot on Reynolds' lines and teenage musical reviews, both
metaphorical and in real,hard life.Hope we can retake the discussion at
the Vic in Camber Sands, I will prepare my research carefully and carry my
notes!To fully grasp all the concepts my A-level Philosophy knowledge will
have to be dusted off,too.

Arantxa