Sinister: Free your mind and your ass will follow

Adam Dobrodt adam_dbt at xxx.com
Mon Mar 27 00:44:56 BST 2000

hello all!

ooon spokethed:

"bluddy hell i can't believe it's sunday night again.
ugh"

and i sighed in agreement.

on the subject of the beach boys, today i went into a
pet sounds induced fury and ordered the pet sounds
sessions 4-disc box set from amazon.com.  what was
going through my mind? (probably just the thought of
listening to the vocal mixes by themselves).

sadly, this purchase has pushed me into the realm of
the moneyless college student.

the new album.
what to say?
i guess, i will say how it troubles me that everyone
is judging the album on the title/titles of the
songs/writers of the songs   alone, not the merit of
the tracks themselves.  oh well, sinisterians will be
sinisterians i suppose.  (huh?).

i personally can not wait till i hear the first bars
of judy is a dick slap and roll on the floor giggling
uncontrollably.  unless, of course, the first bars of
the song are of some unspeakable sadness, but i really
can't imagine that.

where did the cover art go?

things i'm listening to now:
marvin gaye, what's going on
beach boys, pet sounds
belle and sebastian, 3...6...9 seconds of light
mogwai, cody
autechre, lp5
aphex twin, richard d. james album
david bowie, LOW

other things too

adam a. decided to include the paragraph:

"yeah, beautiful days... i walked home from the bus
stop reading kerouac, and it was gorgeous, and when i
got home i found a package from the girl i was in love
with... she had sent me a birthday present, a cd and a
tape with a handmade booklet of colored paper. so i
sat out on the warm front porch and read the letter
and read kerouac and played guitar, and it was
lovely."

and we all, i'm sure, thanked him for doing so.

ahhh spring, then summer, how i enjoy thee after the
HELL of winter (okay, so i love winter, but only so
much of it)

off now to play the guitar, read kerouac and make
homemade tapes and booklets for loved ones.

love, hugs, and handkerchiefs,

adam d.