Sinister: "i tried to laugh about it hiding the tears in my eyes"

ipecac spice dchard at xxx.ca
Mon Mar 27 02:46:26 BST 2000

YAY!!!!! i know it is soon to hear from me again but since i share all my
sorrows with you i felt i should share a triumph (of sorts). i have just
printed out a rough final draft of my entire thesis! this is a very joyous
occassion as this goddamn thing has been consuming my entire life for some
time now. it's multi-coloured b/c my black ink ran out and my discussion
is rather crappy, but at least it's done! hopefully i can have the final
draft done for tuesday. and, my results actually turned out to be very
interesting. i would tell you all but it would take up a lot of space and
bore the vast majority of you...

power to jenn for kicking some boy's ass! very impressive.

and for the sorrow part of my post: i hate it when i get left out of
things. there are 3 of us girls doing our theses in the same lab and the
other 2 always do lab stuff without me. i've gotten used to that, but this
morning they went out to breakfast and didn't even invite me :( i always
get left out of things. luckily i am so tired lately that everything just
rolls off my back. no stress no offense. it's not bad. apart from being
completely useless after 9pm.

i am boycotting the oscars tonight. i am bitter about the shafting of
fight club. that was such an amazing movie and it's being completely
ignored. i'm not a big fan of violence (despite what you might think from
my support of jenn's ass kicking and my love of this movie) but i don't
think that fight club should have been ignored just b/c it was bloody (i
don't see anyother reason for it to be ignored). it was clever,
entertaining, thought provoking...everything a movie should be. why am i
getting so bitter about a movie? do you think anyone ever has a right to
be bitter. one of my philo profs thinks that bitterness is anger that
lasts beyond a time where anyone else is willing to sympathize with it.
but how can you just let something go? if you have a right to be angry why
should you stop just b/c everyone is sick of hearing about it. plus to let
it go you often need to vent and when no one will listen to you anymore
how can you vent that festering anger? hmmm...i'm not really bitter about
the movie i'm bitter about the stupidity of people. today i opened the
paper to be greeted with an article about how feminism is bad b/c some
nutty women went around a church spraying anti-religious slogans. so now
all of feminism promotes intolerance of religion. ok, i'm starting to
ramble and i could go on for ages. just wanted to vent. don't know if i
can let my bitterness go yet...

-di

he who hates is to be pitied, but he who loves is to be pitied more
-german proverb