Sinister: Music and music

elenita99 elenita99 at xxx.com
Mon Mar 27 11:48:21 BST 2000

Hello all,
I hope you all had a good week-end. Mine was quite rich musically
speaking...
- i FINALLY get money this week to get le LLPJ bex-set. 3..6..9 and more
hours of hapiness this week-end.
- After been reading all your messages concerning Looper, i FINALLY get "Up
a tree", and I like it. As my flatmate told me (with that look saying
"you're really nuts"), it is "a bit of a concept, uuh?", but I really like
it. Well, thanks you all for talking about it, you kind of decided me to get
it, and that was a good idea.
- As my flatmate is not nuts (well, he thinks so..) he gets the "magnolia"
soundtrack, which is not fantastic globally speaking, but I quite enjoyed
the film theme, it's a song called "momentum" by a singer called Aimee
something-i-cant'-remember...If you can listen to it, well do, that bass
guitar theme is quite obsessing, actually.

Concerning that debate going on about "good" music, I agree with Rob when he
says that it's linked to art...Some pieces of music make everybody agree, I
mean everybody recognizing it's "good" because it can't be any other way,
even if you don't like it. It's like eeeh, Mozart's Requiem, let's say.
Quite hard to explain, actually, but if you agree to say that some forms of
art (wherever discipline, painting, music, writing, etc...) reach a common
agreement because of their quality, universality or whichever word you use,
you'll understand what i'm saying. If I'm not really clear please let me
know, i'll try to do better next time!

Hope you'll all have a nice Monday (hard task)
Love
Elena