Sinister: why do they call it the blues - at least the pinks would sound cheerful.

Scampi timothy at xxx.net
Mon Mar 27 11:46:21 BST 2000

hi babes,

I bored.  I've had a boring weekend, and its monday morning, back at work,
and work is boring.  But why is life so dull?  I have come to the conclusion
that it is where I live - in a stereotypical middle england 'oh how quaint'
country village, where all events have to be authorised by the womens
institute mafia, and the lord supreme and ultimate power is the vicar.  Mind
you, we now have a female vicar, and that caused a few ripples in the
over-sixties group, I can tell you.  Surely there most be something to grab
my attention.  I know, I'll look in the "something for the weekend' page of
the village magazine - 1, the over-sixties group are having a 'suprise'
coach trip (a coach trip to a suprise location, which really isn't a suprise
because they have to tell people where they are going just incase someone
becomes ill).  2, the scouts and guides are having a car-boot sale (although
it isn't really a car-boot sale because these are frowned upon by the local
council due to the huge numbers of trade dealers avoiding VAT and stolen
goods, and the scouts and guides don't have a carpark anyway).  3,  Charity
football match on the playing field - village gents vs. village ladies.  4,
The thrice weekly bus service to bigtown calls at the village again on
saturday morning.  Perhaps I am being unfairly sceptical about the village,
my home, because I am sure it is a very pleasent place to live.  Its just a
little too quiet...actually I better not say that otherwise they might turn
it into an M1 bypass route.

Anyway, coming round to a more musical theme, has anyone come across
sodastream (they have an EP out at the moment called practical footwear),
and don't they sound freakishly like belle and sebastian?  The first time I
heard them, I thought they were one and the same, except for the underlying
double bass in all sodastream songs.  very scary.

I think I will go and talk to the goldfish.

love and kisses,
scampi.x