Sinister: getting to knowwww you...

Coldcolours at xxx.com Coldcolours at xxx.com
Tue Mar 28 15:36:41 BST 2000

good morning, sweet sinisters!

    As I sat here, drinking that first cup of coffee (which only tastes like
washing up if I worry that it will) and quietly despising my cat, I decided I
would say hello for the first time. I've been unreasonably nervous about it,
as if I were orating to a stadium full of restless Belle and Sebastian fans,
but that's silly. You all seem like wonderful and supportive people.
    So hello! My name is Joanna. Pleased to meet you.
    A lovely boy once told me, "if you want to make friends with someone,
tell them the second most interesting thing you know." So here is the 2nd
most interesting thing I know today:
    On Neptune, the pressure in the atmosphere and on the surface of the
planet are so high that the carbon is formed into diamonds, which are swept
into the air and rain back down. Diamond hailstorms are actually quite common
there...the image they used in Discover magazine was "diamonds raining
through honey," because the atmosphere is so thick and gooey. I'll have to
make a stopover there the next time I'm hitchiking through the galaxy :).
    I'm so glad I found this list...I was desperate enough to meet B+S fans
that I had begun to whistle BWTAS and JAHDOH loudly in public places, hoping
that someone would recognize them and introduce themselves. The list method
is more fun and much less obnoxious.
     I first fell in love with B+S when I read the story on the inside cover
of Tigermilk. It was as if their happiness at finding each other was somehow
my own, and even if their music had been terrible (which it is certainly
not!) I would have loved them just for telling me their story.
    Speaking of stories, Robert Smith (that can't be your real name) wrote:
>>I hope you liked [my story] and didn't think it too self induldgent.
Not self indulgent at all! It was wonderful, I'm looking forward to the next
one.
    That's about all I have to say this time, I don't want to tyrannize your
attention span any longer. Thank you for listening!
np: "sometimes" by Spacemen 3
    Till next time,
Joanna
PS. What's up with the tape tree? Haven't heard anything from you yet.

"If songs were lines in our conversation, the situation would be just
fine."--Nick Drake