Sinister: If you're bored then you're boring

Mike smiley at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 28 09:34:45 BST 2000

Hullo chickens,

    I've just read the Spinisterines post and loved it. You know when you
read a post that's obviously been painstakingly well thought out? God, that
makes me feel slightly envious, because I'm just talking rubbish here.
Anything that makes me laugh is worth a bit of jealously though.

    JenOwl said:
>Could everyone please excuse for the fact I have really fat legs,
>and a sad jumper.

    But I have to say that I quite like that jumper. If I didn't have to
keep up a reputation as a black clad Velvet Underground listening dark horse
(though I'm not actually a horse, you understand) then I might go around
wearing sad jumpers. I don't think I can make any comment on legs without
getting arrested though, so I won't. Oh yeah, and next time you see a hard
kid Jen, box him one for me. Because I daren't.

    This Is Just A Modern Rock Song was supposed to arrive yesterday. It
didn't. I thought maybe it would arrive today. My post has just arrived. It
hasn't. I would like to take this opportunity to say that everybody who
works at Jungle.com is a silly sausage. And anyone who works at 101cd is
nothing short of a complete moke (you might say). If anyone DOES work at
101cd, then I want my Ballboy EP. I ordered it...[checks date]... 28 days
ago. Fergodssake.

    Yesterday I went on #sinister for the first time. Even though I'm a
Computing student and so I'm supposed to know all about machine code and
HTML and IRC and stuff, I realised yesterday that in fact I know didily
squat. Thanks to Vel for holding my hand on my first visit though. I still
found it mildly terrifying, but I'll be back soon. I'll have to lie low for
a bit when the phone bill arrives. I hope my mum accepts cheques.

    I started feeling a bit worried about the new album, but then I realised
it will be fine. It will be different, I guess. Like The Boy With The Arab
Strap is different. Which is good, I suppose. There's only so long you can
keep doing the same thing. Blur realised after three albums of writing about
London businessmen that people were bored. So although I hope B&S don't do a
Blur and become a totally different band, we don't want another Tigermilk.
Tigermilk is my favourite, don't get me wrong. But I've got one thanks, I
don't need another. So the new album will be fab.

Bye bye then,
Mike
smiley at rebelmonkey.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.rebelmonkey.freeserve.co.uk