Sinister: Book Recommendations

Bonnie bmacallister at xxx.org
Tue Mar 28 21:24:18 BST 2000

This is my first trip out of the nursery.  I wanted to respond to
Feather Boa's question on book recommendations.  Honestly, a former
English major like myself could go on and on, but I would have to say
that everyone should read Sexing the Cherry by Jeanette Winterson (or
The World and Other Places), both of which make me swoon.  Otherwise,
the world Kathy Acker creates in Pussy, King of the Pirates is well
worth investigating.  It's this deconstructed post-apocalyptic realm
full of neat references.  Also anything by A.S. Byatt (especially
Possession) is a great read.  I really dug Big Sur by Kerouac this
summer.  Well, that's my short list.
Take care,
Bonnie