Sinister: Anyone listened to B&S backwards?

Michael Cronshaw michael at xxx.net
Wed Mar 29 00:13:44 BST 2000

Hello again everybody peeps,

I just thought I'd help out for peeps who might wear out their
needles/heads/lasers looking for subliminals:

Rob said:

>I'm sorry to bring this back up again but I have some very interesting
>information.  For the uninitaited, about a month ago we were talking about
>Mr M shouting at Mr G in LLPJ, but no one could find it - until now.
>
>Yes that's right, I think I've found it.  Before you rush to your record
>players and pin back a good ear I think I should tell you what you should
>be looking for.  Imagine someone shouting from a long way away, but their
>voice is gruff.  Now, the words to me sound like 'turn it up Chris', the
>place in the sone is, wait for it, Five munuets seven seconds.  HOLD ON,
>there is also some shouting at five minuets ten seconds.
>
>Right, go forth and listen

The shouting is very audible on the live Bowlie recording of LLPJ. I think
it was a live adlibbin comment. I certainly can't hear it on the studio
recording (I checked before writing this). So unless I'm missing something,
don't wear out yer electronics & sanity looking for it, unless you have a
bootleg of the Bowlie.

That's all, except for an opinion for which I expect to receive hate mate or
removal from the list: Bel's and Stevie's songs are nice, good songs. Stu
M's are fantastic, GRATE, he is the Morrissey/Marr, the Lennon. That looper
though - he's a looper. A piss-takin moke. Can he have his own separate
mailing list now? I'm sure it's what he would have wanted.

Oooh controversial! Come on you Mozart lovers or even Go Kart Mozart lovers,
let's put paid to the John Otway of the group!

Mikey.x

P.S. as a peace offering can I recommend Marine Research's album?

----------------------------
"There's a portrait in a backroom which I keep for days upon, which I relent
and gaze for hours on the muscle skin and
                   C#               G#                           F#
C#                        B                    A#m
 bone of some imaginary friend..." - Stu M of B&S, Slow Graffiti
  F#                     G#

vs

"I think it's going to be all right, I think it's going to be just fine, I
think it's going to get much better than before..." (!) -
A#                                               F
Looper of Looper, Paper Cliche