Sinister: The Ballad of Sad Cafe

The Narrow Wizard ol01 at xxx.uk
Fri Mar 31 11:56:24 BST 2000

strange things afoot

had a tutorial this morning and one of the guys in the class was arguing
that all criminals should be kept in prison until they have been
rehabilitated by brainwashing methods (he was serious not just talking for
the sake of it) and that if they could not be rehabilitated then they
should just be killed cos it's expensive to keep them locked up. Obviously
I spent most of the tutorial taking the piss out of him and making sure
that everyone was laughing at him, which was good cos one particularly
cute girl who I'd never talked to before found me particularly amusing and
talked to me for a while afterwards. What's the point of this story, well
someone was just talking about being able to take to bed anyone who you
can make laugh, I am planning to test this theory.

went shopping yesterday and found a copy of the flaming lips' soft
bulletin for 7 pound. I'm  mightily dissapointed with it, best album of
99? no chance. "Did anyone else have their life changed by the flaming
lips?" asked stuart at the bowlie, well they must be a lot better live
than they are on that record (though I did quite like some of their
earlier stuff). Anyway, the other thing I wanted to rant about was the
Virgin store in Stirling, no Godspeed You Black Emperor, no Go Kart
Mozart, in fact nothing that I wanted to buy except ridiculously pricey
stuff. for example a Sparklehorse EP for only 10 pound, or how about 8
track sound system by fonda 500, last week it was 12 pound, this week they
decided to sell it for 16, cunts.

do I sound a bit uptight, oh dear, probably something to do with the
30,000 words that I have due in in the next month, well I've got a week
off now so I'm gonna (hopefully) do the two 6,000 word essays that I have
while at home. This will have two effects, 1) I will be away from uni and
thus computerless so you luckythings won't have to put up with me for a
while. 2) I will have three weeks to write an 18,000 word dissertation
when I get back, oh shit.

before I go 'd just like to remind you all that the Pastels said (and it's
true) that
"every smile is the promise of sex on a sunny day"

love and smiles
   owen

With that the narrow wizard waggled his bushy eyebrows and disappeared in
a flash of blue flame leaving behind only a faint smell of cinnamon