Sinister: Les Anomalies

LNino at xxx.com LNino at xxx.com
Fri Mar 31 21:17:40 BST 2000

Hi:

My name is Juno, that's a pseudnym, although I haven't really decided. Why
must one have a pseudonym when one writes? because "shyness is nice, but
shyness can stop you, from doing all the things in life you'd like to"..
I'm a writer, a real one (which doesn't mean I'm any good) only that a lot
of people call themselves writers and they don't really do that.. they write
the ocasional piece, poem or story on a cool notebook and adopt this
intellectual pose and enter the coffee shops to feel interesting..
I say I'm a real writer because that's what I do all the time, yes I do have
the cool notebooks too.. hundreds of them, diaries and computer files with
my, what I call 30 second poems..
I don't judge my stuff, I can't publish, even though I've been asked to.. I
hardly ever show anything around.. I have an annonymous page somewhere in
the web universe, probably someone has trampled over it.. and been nice
about it.
Anyway. This is my first post to the list, I get the digest and sometimes I
can't give myself the luxury to read the whole thing because I get it at
work.. I scan it for some B&S content, but It's nice to find people that are
like me..
I work in a corporate monster...(oh yes, boo to the business world) I have
my cubicle all plastered with cute phrases and pictures, mexican
handcrafts.. and i fight with all i've got the hideous musical environment
here..
Lately I listen to Autour de lucie (cause i'm studying french..so sing
alongs help) Hood, Cat power, and went back to morrissey for a bit...

This story is repetitive.. but I live in mexico.. and it's IMPOSSIBLE to
find a single soul who knows of, likes or even conceives a band called Belle
& Sebastian.. what the hell am I doing here? who knows..but the thing is I
got Tigermilk thanks to Chris (Boo to the business world), The boy with the
arab strap on a quick trip to L.A.
and the rest on a crappy tape..
Do any of you have rare stuff like MP3's or something we can share? not only
B&S but the Gentle waves, looper and all those wonderful bands that are on
Jeepster?
Anyone knows where I could find some sound files? for my personal use only..
since I'm alone in this country.. literally.

Ok. It's nice to read the digest, there's so much to talk about.. there's so
much to be done while our head's are still young..

bye.
Juno.