Sinister: girls ARE scary. Boys are scary too.

Katy Dutton jellybabs at xxx.com
Mon May 1 20:51:05 BST 2000

Boys have to be counted as scary too.  Like the other day I had to go to the
shop for my mum.  I parked my car on my wee village high street and stepped
out to go to the shop.  I was wearing a skirt.  not a short one, a
below-knee one, very decent and twee etc.  I was promptly leered at by 4
rudeboys sitting on the bench outside the shop.

Maybe it should be 'rudeboys are scary'.  Actually, 'townies' in general, if
you know what I mean.

Exhibit number 2:
'Scary girls'.
In my A-Level Art class, I just got in and I had my denim jacket on with my
twee B&S-badge turned obediently upside-down.  This girl (the one who has a
penchant for 'banging choons!'...the one who frequently says (adopts
pseudo-London, lazy accent, although in Nottingham) 'Nah! Went ahhht this
weekend t' Isis, pulled a bloke, Nah!')  promptly came up to me (I was
absorbed in pretty tree pictures,listening to Sinister on my walkman, and
said 'What's Belle and Sebastian?'.  Needlesss to say, I just rolled my eyes
in a moment of confidence, and when that passed, I just ran away blushing.
I think someone else said 'Errr they won that Brit thingy didn't they?'.
Scary girls, all of 'em.  I mean, who else would enjoy going out and
listening to 'trance' music every night, pulling a minimum of 7
highly-gelled blokes, buying new covers for their mobile phones and bringing
their laptops to school?  Only scary girls.

I guess that just turned into a rant generally against 'them', huh?  Sorry.
Oh, and sorry for lack of content.  I just hate 'em.  Them and their lack of
appreciation of twee.

Anyway.

Love, Katy.