Sinister: The owls are like, totally not what they seem.

Julie jules at xxx.cx
Mon May 1 21:59:51 BST 2000

If I survive these fookin' final exams, I promise I'll never skip class
again.  Bloody hell.
Sorry, I was just practicing a bit for my upcoming trip to the UK...as soon
as exams are over I'll be on a silver bird to London to frolic with the
Sinisterites.  I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the academy, and
all of the lovelies on this list who are letting Megan and I stay with them.
We weren't looking forward to sleeping on the street...and we couldn't use
our money for hotels because we're saving it all for Kindereggs.  Big kisses
to honeypie and the Lovely Linda with whom I will frolic in the Scottish
heather...do you do that in Scotland, frolic in the heather? ...and of
course to Mark in Lundun, but if your girlfriend gets upset, Mark, I take
those kisses back...and Racheeeeeeeee-l in Manchester (oh boy, the flagship
Boots store, the QAF gay bars, and two cute kitty cats!!).  Oh, and I get to
meet KEITH WATSON, the inspiration for auntkeith, I'm so excited.  I think
auntkeith has a crush on me.  Every time she talks to me, she asks me if I
fancy a pint!  All these pints!  Is she trying to get me drunk?  Is she
going to slip me a roofie?? Speaking of KEITH WATSON, my ex-suitemate had a
boyfriend named Keith, and whenever he came over she would exclaim
"KEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIFY!" in a shrill voice which was so mockable that I soon
found myself joining in.  Keith could no longer step into the apartment
without three girls screeching "KEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFYYYYY!" at him as
loudly as we could.  But I'm sure he loved it, three gawgeous women shouting
a relative term of endearment at him.  Now that Joanne and Keith are gone, I
may have to transfer my screeching at this other laddish Keith.  Hmm.
Now.  Belle & Sebastian!  I must say that from what I've heard of the new
album (which is perhaps 4 songs), I think I am going to like it very much.
It may become my summer soundtrack this year.  (Last summer the Magnetic
Fields Wayward Bus/Distant Plastic Trees album was my summer soundtrack, no
WONDER I'm always depressed)  This may be a good opportunity to share with
you how I got into Belle & Sebastian.  In the fall of 1998, I returned to
NYU to find that my roommate was none other than Miss Megan Lehar.  This of
course didn't mean jack to me at the time.  But anyway, we moved in to our
wee room in the Samuel Rubin International Residence Hall, and I thought she
hated me, so I spent most of my time curled up in a ball in the corner.
Eventually we discovered a mutual love of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and
things got better.  Soon this TWATTYBUS album came out, and she bought it,
and she played it CONSTANTLY (on my stereo I might add! Roommates, hmph!), I
couldn't escape it.  Soon after there was a cry of "BELLE & SEBASTIAN ARE
PLAYING IN NEW YORK!" and everyone was all excited and I felt rather dizzy
and I wasn't sure I was allowed to go because all of these people I didn't
know were going (Brian and Matt and Laurel and...) and I wasn't sure if
they'd want me tagging along.  Then Megan bought me a ticket to one of the
shows for my birthday. After the show, Stu D asked me to come back stage
where there was an enormous party, replete with an ice sculpture and a
champagne waterfall.  We all danced til dawn, then went to the top of the
Empire State Building to watch the sun rise.  Oh, what a night it was!
Um, okay, that last part didn't happen.  But I did go to the show, and it
was fun, and now I'm anticipating the new B&S album with the eagerness of a
full-blown sinisterite.
Next, I'd like to say some nice things about WILL PORTER.  Will Porter is so
sweet, isn't he??  And so smart!  He's going to have his master's degree in
a few weeks, you know.  Smart, generous, well educated, handsome...why, he's
the type of boy my mother always told me to marry!  He is, indeed, the Agent
Cooper to my Audrey Horne.
Finally, some shout outs to my homeez on the list.  Mad propz to my fellow
New York ne'er-do-wellz.  Starry Sarah, Damooooon, Teddy-bear Whalen,
Marie-Rock, Llaura and all y'all from #sinister...(you can't see me, but I
just tapped my chest twice, you're close to my heart, my bruthaz).  And a
super-special shout out to mattwardfhnn at hotmail.com who emailed me after my
last post and told me it was GOOD DRIVEL, thank you so much mysterious Matt!
You made me feel so welcome.  If you were dead, I'd pour a 40 on the ground
for you.

Back to studying now, don't tell Megan I drank one of her DPs.
Love,
Julie

"It's only pop music, why are you asking me all these questions!?"
-Robbie Williams