Sinister: waggling?

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Tue May 2 21:47:02 BST 2000

Mr Trousers sent this on to me and I've finally done something with
it.  Keen eyed observers might spot a pop star:

http://www.missprint.org/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?gallery=things&photo=ATPSinisterFC

There's loads of other new photos on the Sinister site too, including
more ATP stuff under "picnics" and even one of someone proudly reading
the latest copy of that fab popzine "Look In" (I think it is - it's
hard to make out).  I'm trying to catch up with all the photos people
send me - sorry I'm trailing in your wake a bit.  Anyone reads this
mail and thinks "why the bloody hell hasn't honey replied to my mail!"
um err I WILL!  I just keep having to take naps.

To go back to the photo above, me I prefer knitting to football, but
even I'm amused by the sour-grapes in the NME last week towards you
all.  If anyone's not seen it, here it is:

 "The full truth about All Tomorrow's Parties has yet to be told. The
 real excitement wasn't focused on the stage but on the football pitch.

 OK, picture the scene: after destroying Radio 1 (EightFUCKINGnil), NME
 FC proceeded to chew its way through various loser indie band teams
 like a drug-crazed carnivore-driven combine harvester ploughing its
 merry fumespewing way through a field of ripe corn. Yeah! Mashing up
 the bodies of the skulking little bunny rabbits and voles and shit BIG
 TIME!

 And then - FINALS! We had only one team to beat -the pasty-faced vegan
 geeks representing the Sinister list (a semi-official Belle & Sebastian
 web page).  I mean, how hard could it be!?

 Pow! Smash! Krak! Wham! We peppered the B&S goal with shots aplenty but
 WE COULD NOT SCORE! And then the indie kids made a tactical
 substitution. They brought on Stuart Murdoch! From Belle & Sebastian!
 And he was BRILLIANT! And we LOST! And he wouldn't give us the
 traditional post-match interview of course, because Belle & Sebastian
 don't talk to the evil, corporate, cock-waggling capitalist music
 press."

Finally, anyone confused by Julie's or Keith's message about Aunt
Keith, if you pop into the chatroom and say "auntsadie, be keith" all
will be revealed.  She's there if you ever get lonely and want a
conversation about Star Wars or Ali G.

She's 82 you know.

Myth Honey (the carefully constructed Pop kind) xx