Sinister: raindrops keep falling on my head...

Strawberrywindow at xxx.com Strawberrywindow at xxx.com
Wed May 3 13:16:39 BST 2000

*****************
1st time boast
*****************
                      hello everyone i'm a newbie...let me be honest...i have
no idea who belle & sebastian are...i have been directed here by a friend who
said that this is a good place to come if you are travelling abroad & looking
for gullible folk willing to let a stranger stay with them...ok ok ok ... i'm
kidding...he also said it was a good place to pick up girls as well...

**********************************
that joke isn't funny anymore
**********************************
no..no..really i have no idea who belle & sebastian are...are they a folk
band...? ... i am intrigued...i quite like listening to cat stevens...and the
new seekers...i'm sure i could get into them...

************************************
ok..ok...ok...in all seriousness
************************************
ok...i'll put my sensible head on now...i have heard of belle &
sebastian...i'm just messing...i read with great admiration "the dukes"
post...he more or less said everything that had to be said...i liked seeing
the reference points..."love" ... oh yes...and "felt" ... most
definitely...if i may humbly add the "mbv" thumbs up from b&s on "le pastie
de la bourgeoisie"...but let me add as McCarthy once said" its a dirty world
out there" ... anybody who has signed a record deal will know that the moment
you sign...you have technically sold out...the moment the ink is dry you
become a commodity...its a credit to jeepster that they have respected b&s
principles for so long...because at the end of the day the job of any record
company worth their salt is to make sure that their artists sell records and
are heard by as many people as possible... the days when a band used to put
out 4 & 5 track 12 "s & cds are long gone...b&s were perhaps one of the
last...but i'm sort of glad...because i would be interested to see where they
chart...with nothing but snide comments from the press and minimal play on
the radio...i would be interested...i fully expect them to go crashing into
the top 20 ( i would say top 10 but its a fact that if woolworths don't stock
your record you have no chance of hitting the top 10! ) ...and the following
week to go crashing out... because thats the sign of a band with a huge and
loyal following...everyone who's going to buy it will buy it the day that it
comes out...

******************
i thought that if you had an acoustic guitar it meant that you were a protest
singer!
******************
i just had a funny thought...whenever i think about acoustic guitars...i
think of that scene from "animal house"...with this hippy looking guy playing
guitar surrounded by loads of doe eyed girls...john belushi (bluto)
stops...looks at him with disgust...grabs his guitar and proceeds to smash it
to pieces...then hands him back what's left of it ... and says with all
sincerity....sorry...then he walks off...its a random moment of film
genius...i love it...

******************
say goodbye...
******************
well kids its time to go...i'm off to look at the world through my strawberry
tinted window...you could do much worse you know...i'm also attempting to
soundtrack my life up until now...in just 90mins...its not easy i can tell
you...+ i have this feeling that once i finish it all of a sudden i will drop
dead!...which is an odd thought 'cos i've got space for one more song...i
have decided its a straight choice between "raindrops keep falling on my
head" & "south american getaway" both bacharach compositions both from the
film "butch cassidy & the sundance kid"...i guess i shall spin a coin...i
don't like to pick favourites...

love and peace ...
                          reynard the fox...