Sinister: Badges, badges, shiny bright and lovely badges

JENOWL22 at xxx.com JENOWL22 at xxx.com
Wed May 3 21:45:13 BST 2000

Hewwo,

Ooooh, my badges arrived today along with my tee-shirts. Three B&S badges (to
replce the ones that the hard kids either stole or defaced), and gentle waves
badge, a bus tee-shirt to replace the one that got wrecked in the wash and a
bel and fox one, because I'd saved up for that for donkeys. But yesterday I
had two B&S badges returned to me unharmed, and the prefect one with "say up
my authoriti" written underneath 'belle and sebastian', which I didn't get
back.

Yesterday, I was walking home from school, with a brand new, unread copy of
Bunty under my arm, when two hard kids ambushed (god I hate that word. I
don't know why, though) me and stole it, laughed at it and threw it on to a
garage roof. I got it down, but it was all dirty and ripped, and I felt a bit
bad about it all.

I've found a keyboard player for my band, so now I have....me on vocals and
rhythm guitar, and cello, and tin whistle, and writing songs, and sometimes
bass, a girl called Laura on drums, and tuba, and a girl called Caroline on
keyboard, and stand in drums. So we're basically crap. And we don't have a
name yet, but we'll think of something, and it'll be TWEE and GRATE, I
promise, really, I do.

Shania Twain is the Anitchrist. No, I'm convinced of it. She looks like a
vampire, sings like a constipated demon of hel (isn't hel cool when you spell
it with one L? well, it's obviously not cool, anything but, but don't you
think it looks all gothy and mystical and GRATE? ), and feeds off the blood
of freshly slaughtered virgins on a sarcrificial altar. And they're still
playing her album (which I now know by heart) non-stop in the school canteen.
Sample lyric goes a bit like this (making allowances for mishearings): "I'd
rather die standing, than down on my knees, baby please, no more black eyes".
I mean, she's practically a goth.

I hate school. I wish I ruled it, like in the song. Than I'd play Belle and
Sebastian in the canteen, and make bus tee-shirts (or twee-shirts, which I
just discovered looked grate in a typing error), and knee high socks , or
flares, and, and and little pigtails for the girls and floppy hair for the
boys and and... ok, i'll stop, I always hyperventilate when I think about how
I will one day dominate the school, and force them all to be like me.

If B&S became P!O!Pular, really, does that mean that everyone would be gentle
and twee, or would sinister just become a persecuted minority or hardcore
"old" fans, who have to live in forests and stuff, until they discover
cutting edge technology, and create their own village in outerspace, next to
the twee aliens' village in space, where they can visit for alien tea and
crumpets and stuff, yeah, and mount a daring mission to kidknap belle and
sebastian, and take them away from commercial stuff, and start them on a
rehab "back to twee" program, which worlks, so they come and live on the
sinster outer space village planet thing and b everyone bees twee forever,
and meanwhile back on earth the masses are lost with out their idols, so they
eat each others heads, and all die out which lets the sinster kids return to
earth and start up a sort of new, twee P!O!Pulation, where everyone loves B&S
and they are cloned so that every single generation forever can have B&S, and
the world is ahppy and contented and the aliens come to visit sometimes?

Ok, now Mummy Honey will think I'm insane and come at me with sedatives. I
can't help it, I had too much Ribena today.

This post is too long, I'm really sorry.

Hugs,
Jen

Ps, Julie is grate for mentioning owls.