Sinister: all in the kool-aid, don't know the flavor

sxi2590 at xxx.edu sxi2590 at xxx.edu
Wed May 3 22:25:04 BST 2000

been let out of the nursery and am finally caught up in reading every
last post, however i still don't have a clue as to what to say. i might
as well dive in, seeing as whatever i write will be all wrong. apologies
in advance if i tend to ramble. anyhow, my name's david. i'm a 23 yr old
boy, korean, live 5 minutes from nyc (on the nj side of the lincoln
tunnel). i quite like it here, what with the GRATE view of the manhattan
skyline. i'm terribly jealous of those of you who've seen b&s live. i
was discovering them about the last time they played new york, so i'm
really excited about the upcoming album and US tour.

right now, i'm a bit tired as i recently got back from visiting an old
housemate of mine, who lives up by rochester which is a good 6 hours by
train. he just told me that he and his girl, Liz, will be getting
married so i'm to play the best man. well, it's a bit more interesting
than that since liz is a witch and they're planning a wiccan ceremony.
so officially my role is "the man in black"... meaning i have to get
dressed all in black and recite some incantations or somesuch. i think
it's peculiar but it'll be fun. my friend linda will be "the north
corner."

while i was there, they allso invited me to this one week event called
starwood, which takes place the beginning of june. basically, all these
ppl gather and they're all naked. it's some weird pagan bacchanal (i'm
not sure about that spelling) where all these freaks meet up at some
place in the woods, i think upstate ny. you have the wiccans, pagans,
dischordians, some ren-faire types wearing chainmail and armor, and
even *gasp* some REAL weirdos that come in jeans and t-shirts,
deadheads, phishheads, roly poly phishheads, etc. a real wide variety.
anyway, it's like woodstock gone awry. you have the center of the
temporary settlement occupied by market row, where vendors can sell
their goods and services. liz makes wands and pentagrams and other
altar worship stuff to sell there. some of it looked quite nice. it
may sound a bit on the cheesy side but she was really cool to hang out
with...not as neurotic as i suspected. although, she didn't think too
highly of my pink hello kitty dreamcast. you know, now that i think of
it, if i can find a cute girl who can beat me at video games, i think
i could definitely dig that [1]. back to what i was saying...during
this week there's hottubs and did i mention naked ppl? i don't know but
i'm so intrigued by this. i wonder if they worry about ticks and lyme
disease. i can just see it now. hundreds of naked throw-caution-to-the-
wind hedonists, wearing thick socks...with legwarmers even. for some
reason that turns me on. a naked girl just wearing socks. i mean, it
turns me on more than just a plain naked girl. odd. also, i wonder if
they play slip&slide. no, not that slip&slide. ;) i'm talking about
that rubber/plastic mat distraction where you have the sprinklers on
and you run, you slide, you hit the bump and take a dive. i think i may
have my commercials mixed up but hopefully someone knows what i'm
talking about. anyway, that would turn me on too. wet naked people at
high speed. of course they would play without the socks but you can't
have everything.

hopefully i didn't bore you to tears,
angel dave

[1] "neato" by baxendale comes to mind