Sinister: umm ... hello.

gina glt102 at xxx.uk
Wed May 3 22:34:37 BST 2000

(a very tentative start to my life in (on?) sinister, but then i am
finding this experience very intimidating, so perhaps 'tis apt).

well, hello children, i am yet another addition to your tribe, who,
after some weeks now of watching your game, has decided to ask to be
allowed to play. i think i've learnt the rules. firstly, you have to
introduce yourself. all you really need to know about me is that i am
called gina (tho some people elect to call me regi), that i am 19 and
that i'm a student in york. if you truly want to know more, you can mail
me privately.

my reasons for joining you are fairly simple. #1 is that the people here
are grate, you all seem so kind and understanding, yet cynical and
disillusioned, and you won't try to tell me that ash, nor kent, nor 5ive
are the greatest (yes, greatest) bands in the world (cheers housemates),
plus you will listen to my rambling outbursts (i don't have too many).
and #2 is quite simply greedy. and quite sad. y'see, years ago, when my
boyfriend was making me a compilation tape, he accidentally used his
copy of the second belleandsebastian markradcliffe session.  most of the
songs survived, but tijamrs was horrifically slaughtered. i now have "we
rule the school" and "seeing other people", which i will copy for
people, but i would love to be able to restore his collection. and, if
anyone would be so kind, add to it by copying the first, effectively
marklamarr, session also. (there's an even more distressing story behind
this one. not only did i listen to the night b+s were in the first time,
i recorded the show. i *even* recorded the talking in between the b+s
songs. BUT I CUT OUT THE TRACKS. o h m y g o d. sobsob, whimper.) so,
yes, i am here in part to get a copy of these songs from one of you kind
souls. please will someone put me out of my misery and record them? i'll
cover postage and supply the tape and everything.
i ought to go as a friend is waiting for me, but one last request if i
may: i am interested in going to the picnic on saturday but am afraid to
go on my own (yes i'm a wimp. and i don't know anyone yet) so i was
wondering whether anyone from the york area was going and, if they are,
if they wouldn't mind an extra body.
i hope i don't sound too pushy, i'm really a shy little girl but i can't
resist this chance. and i promise any future missives will be much
shorter and funnier.

love to you all,
gina,
trying to press send...