Sinister: In any case the moon

LNino at xxx.com LNino at xxx.com
Wed May 3 23:37:19 BST 2000

Hi

Second post, a hundred digests unread. I will be getting a computer at home,
at last, I wil be able to check my email there and spend the evenings
reading the silliness of Girls are Scary. In my opinon boys are scarier..
but girls and I quote Jack Kerouac again: The woman is a cellular mesh of
lies, as well as a scratcher, are unknowingly dangerous.
The man is very strange...

Anyway, I thank everyone who wrote to me about my first post, Les Anomalies.
I wish I could write to everyone daily. I'd like to thank Jules a lot
because she sent me a WIl Oldham tape, which funny enough, a friend in
Norway had taped three songs by this guy and I loved them, but he couldn't
tell me who that was.. when I was listening in my car to it, on comes A
minor place and i was frozen. I had found the singer of such wonders!
And Also thank her because her last fable was just what I needed.. I have it
here on my wall on pretty paper and a cool image to illustrate. I love it..
I really do.

I was also thingking about Belle & Sebastian becoming famous. I guess they
are in a way, being grabbed by an audience that is exploiting their beauty.
I listen to a lot of spanish pop which can be sticky sweeter than Belle,
Family is a spanish band, they have the greatest pop songs... Le Mans is
also supberb, but then came an avalanche of Twee pop bands and frankly I
started meditating about how maybe Belle & Sebastian might not come as huge,
but huge enough as to create little clones that will kill the true twee-pop.

I think if B&S came into the light in 1992 (?) and have been making this
music for nearly a decade, and suddenly they have a cult, and this cult
makes others want to do the same kind of music, we will be pretty bored with
it in a few years, it will lack delight.. even in B&S.
So it's not a matter of anguish if they become big as in hitting the cover
of Alternative Press or Rolling Stone.. I bet they wouldn't allow it anyway,
but other bands will suck the marrow out of this pop music. It's not bad to
want to write pretty songs, we need them desperately, but we need a filter..

Rambling at the end of a day full of stomach pains, work, email wars,
starvation and dreaming of being elsewhere.

Juno