Sinister: B&S Go Betweens

Peter Brown peter at xxx.au
Wed May 3 14:00:51 BST 2000

I can't believe all this brouhaha over B&S trying to be more popular.  It's
all about the music and whether they are more or less popular as a result is
of no great concern to me, although I wish them all the best.  If Legal Man
makes them more successful all the better for them.  If the music has
changed I think it's up to whether you like it or not, and attributing
intentions towards them of selling is unfair and probably unfounded.
Popular should not equal bad.  Steps off soapbox.

By the way in Australia a B&S ball is a where country ladies and gents get
pissed in a large shed and sleep with at least one person in a car or under
a haystack somewhere, and wake up the next morning with many regrets.

Oh and thanks to the gentleman who has been sending mails about the Go
Betweens to the list.  Being a 30 something Sydney boy it brings back many
fond memories of seeing them live in the 80s.  Actually last year Grant and
Robert played a gig in Sydney, and both seemed to be well and truly soused,
but played wonderfully to an appreciative crowd, and even signed my albums
after the show(how naff of me to bring them).  Oh and Robert looked
absolutely fetching in a canary coloured suit although he looks much better
in dresses.  And Amanda plays in a band in Sydney called Love Me (I think
she still does).  And Linda is the musical correspondent to the Tracee
Hutshison radio show on 2BL 7pm-10pm in Sydney - this just means those two
are good chums basically.