Sinister: It aint exactly minimum wage, but..........

vibrosheep at xxx.net vibrosheep at xxx.net
Thu May 4 13:36:40 BST 2000

Oh bollocks, I've been stirred into writing again by the resurgence of the East Devon wing of this 'ere list.

It saddens me (and I don't mean to be offensive for once) that some of us are taking this "selling out" business sooooooooooo seriously.

Everyone has their passions, and one of the Dukes is obviously P!O!P!
but at the end of the day, do we really need to read so much into the subject that we take it all beyond simple entertainment ??

Now, I'll be up front with yers, I know shite about the music industry (I just sit on me arse all day tapping buttons, drinking cider, making babies and playing silly computer games - they are my passions), but B&S do what they do for a living, it's their job, and they've a right to try and make as much or as little money as they want out of it.  Only, they don't get all their remuneration - their employers decide that they want to keep some of it for themselves. If my boss said to me, "Here's your payslip.  Your salaries been credited to your bank account.  Oh but by the way I've kept £xxx for meself", I'd twat him one so hard he'd be seeing pound signs for weeks.

First and foremost I guess the band write and play their music for their own enjoyment.  Then they happen to be rather damn good at it all and are kind enough to share it with the rest of us.  As for the amount of material put out over the last couple of years, I'd rather be touched briefly by something once every twelve months than be showered with shat every five minutes in the name of profit.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Duke about the weaknesses of the last album and EP, but like DoH I remember the bits of the first 2 LP's which made me cream me Y's, and, if there is one track on FELCHYPLOP that rekindles some of those feelings in me, then I'm there on the local record stores doorstep at 9am on June 5th.  I'll see you there.

I've said me bit - right I'm off to read up on the advantages of terry nappies.

Take care and be kind to Welshmen.
Adrian.