Sinister: All Cursey And All

Glen glen.mitchell at xxx.com
Thu May 4 19:13:06 BST 2000

Enough of this "selling out" thing. It won't happen. At the press conference
thingy, Stu said about the Stone Roses,

"They got fame and started doing interviews and they started to get a bit
self-conscious and to me that's rubbish. What they had at the start was
magic and powerful."

That's not neccessarily saying they're not going to go top 20, but they seem
to be set on keeping their feet firmly on the ground.

NME report here:

http://www.nme.com/newsdesk/20000504121150.html

It was also very interesting to hear about Stuart's "fucking spraying the
walls", about how we "don't fucking know about that", and how he's "not
going to come down here and fucking talk about it".  Let's take it he feels
very strongly about this.

Glen