Sinister: Don't Fold Your Papers, Kids, It Looks Like A Top-Up System

P F pinefox at xxx.com
Thu May 4 19:31:58 BST 2000

It's May 4th, 2000. It's 7:20. It's just about time to gather my torts, pack
up my kipple, load up on forged ballot papers and catch the tube to Camden.
You see, no-one's mentioned that it's the 2nd anniversary of the first
sinister picnic. Being a twee character - I mean, excessively sentimental,
kind of like a spare character from 'Annie', but more 'Broken Blossoms' if
you catch my drift - I was moved to tears by this. - Those burly football
boys of 98 have forgotten our hurtling mid-pitch encounters!, I blinked
through tear-stained eyes.

I have decided to take the lore into my own paws. I'm organizing an event
called 'It's Two Years Since The First Sinister Picnic' on Primrose Hill. It
starts in 35 minutes, at 8pm. I'm going to eat the whole baguette, and
probably a kettle of bag chips, myself. Then I'm going to drag weary limbs
slowly to the Laid (On) Buzzard pub and buy round after generous round for
myself.

I'm enhancing the plan by "selling out". I have sold the rights for ITYSTFSP
to BBC1, who will be broadcasting their London Mayoral results from it. The
programme will be called 'London Subsides'. Ken Livingstone is coming at
nine to swap purple things with me. I have a few, and so does he. In
response to the character assassination practised against him by the
so-called media and that over the last few days, not to mention the last 20
years, we are planning the nearest equivalent we can find to this practice,
namely digit murder.

At ten, the Ken and I will be singing traditional East European karaoke on
the pavement outside. All the CDs used at the event are available from Tower
Records.

Tomorrow we'll be emphasizing our "sell-out" further by holding a press
conference on Radio 5 Live. We'll be talking about congestion charges,
Chelsea tube extensions, making the police more accountable, and our plans
to issue two editions of each annual mayoral report, so that Ken fans in
London have to buy both. The 'It's [x] Years Since The First Sinister
Picnic' event will become a yearly, then a twice-yearly, then (thru summer)
a monthly event. Charges will be made; batons too. Cordons will be erected
(they'll be bleu).

See you there,

pinefox at ken4l.com