Sinister: edited track on CD - WHY?

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Fri May 5 02:02:08 BST 2000

I am spending FAR too much time reading and posting to sinister. One point I
was wondering in anyone could clarify is WHY the edit of "Judy is a Dick
Slap" is on the CD? (David Kitchen/Mick Cooke? someobody on the list?) I was
wondering if all three songs on the CD were quite long, and that the total
time made it over 20 minutes, hence editing the track to make it eligible
for chart entry. In which case I am quite happy for the label to trim the
track by a few minutes. but if it's just a ploy to make anal-completists
like me buy it twice, I'll be a  little miffed. (But, sad bstard that I am,
I will STILL buy it in both formats!)

Maybe if someone from the label clarified this people would moan a little
less. how about it Jeepster???

Lawrence Mikkelsen
http://www.akn.quik.co.nz/mikelsen/aboutme