Sinister: Pure, unadulterated content

Alder, Lucy lucy.alder at xxx.uk
Thu May 4 09:32:55 BST 2000

Hello kidz

This is your special correspondent for pop, here to report back on the
crayzee shenanigans that took place at the B&S Q&A last night.

After following a trail of people up to the 6th floor of the building and
finding a room set up in the conference style, we sat down and moaned about
the bar, which consisted of Robinson's Barley Water and Highland Spring and
wondered who was ill, because there were only six chairs up the front.  Then
somebody came and told us all that we were in the wrong room, a lucky thing
because the right room had FREE BOUZE! and BIG SOFAS! and  and GLITTERY
ARTWORKS ON THE WALLS! and FREE BOUZE!  Then the band came on and these are
some of the things I remember:

- Isobel was looking fine and foxy in a ponytail and biker jacket thing with
patches on it

- Stuart was looking fine and foxy in a schoolboy shirt and tie combo and a
big old earring (not dangly, but round)

- I can't remember what on earth the others were wearing, but they all
looked fine and foxy nonetheless

- The general consensus in the band seems to be that The Model is the best
song on the album, although Don't Leave The Light... and Too Much Love were
also mentioned as good'uns

- Stuart thinks that "Steps are freaks" (expect to see this quote in every
article about them for the next year)

- When asked why he thought B&S fans were scary obsessives, Stuart gestured
in the direction of a group of your own Sinister friends and asked "do these
people look like scary obsessives?"  At this point, his argument was sort of
ruined by a person of this parish, who will remain nameless, who got a tiny
bit carried away and shouted out "BUT YOU'RE THE BEST BAND IN THE WHOLE WIDE
WORLD EVER!" or something.  Stuart went red.  Bless.

- The video for Legal Man was shown for the first time, but I was behind a
pillar and a way off from the screen, so I'll leave it's description to
somebody else who might actually have seen it.

The rest is a bit of a blur at the moment, largely due to the FREE BOUZE!
but it was a bit of a strange atmosphere - sort of forced, but sort of nice
at the same time, if you know what I mean.  Anyway, I'll stop yabbering on
here and let other people fill in my numerous gaps and talk about the
questions they themselves asked (I merely sat back and listened to other
people asking stuff, other people largely being Ben Clancy of the Melody
Maker, who hogged the limelight somewhat).

Oh yeah, I've got the whole thing on minidisc too, so I'll try to make the
contents available sometime soon, although in what format I'm not sure
because, frankly, it's a terrible recording.

Feeling rough as a cat's tongue this morning...

Juicy Lucy

--
This communication contains information which is confidential and
may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the